SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#141589 - 01/26/06 03:34 PM Re: Suggestions for Contemporary Latin music
cajun100 Offline

Loc: Mill Valley, CA USA
I went to one of my lurking latin sites -- http://www.batanga.com
and then to the left side list of "Top Ten" tunes from the various radio stations they link to.
I'm always feeling left out when I review the current hits, LOL. Interesting, if you choose "latin jazz", and listen to "Comparsa" by Chucho Valdez -- you here the same things that came out of Tjader and others doing crosssover in the fifties. Better drum loops, though!
Let me know how this goes.

#141590 - 01/27/06 08:41 AM Re: Suggestions for Contemporary Latin music
cajun100 Offline

Loc: Mill Valley, CA USA
Well, kbkr --
Now I know, you are a real musician; I went to your website and looked at all the (dollie) pics first -- hmmm, hmmm.
THEN listened to some of the audio demo tracks for a bit. Boy, I wish you guys were HERE so I could happily take my sweet wife dancing.

Shoot, you shouldn't have much trouble morphing into more latin stuff! This is a powerful little band!
Hmmm -- to keep that wonderful "real live " drum backing for latin tracks you might have to get that dude to either learn conga, bongos, the cowbell, gourd and a few other tricks -- or make it CloudTEN! Yehhhh, I know you could use samples, but it ain't the same. You might also add a couple of dancers on stage -- you know the ones that scratch the gourds and go back and forth, smiling.
Nice site -- good music. I feel a little foolish lecturing you on where to find latin source material.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online