SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#141543 - 08/30/07 07:10 AM Wow!!! free hammond... I'm blessed
korg4god Offline

Loc: Dodge City, Kansas 67801
Sorry I haven't been on much lately... I am enrolled 7 hours for the 4 year college, 4 hours at the community college, working 40 hours a week at the church job and directing the men's chorus..... As you can see, very little time, but I have been kieeping up my reading of your posts....

So, anyway, had to share this news....

I'm wandering around waiting for my brass methods class to start and glancing in practice rooms and suddenly I have to do a double take.... there sitting in a locked (frowny face) practice room is an A100 and Leslie. I do some inquiring a few days later with a professor and he said the gentleman who owns that has been doing some teaching and work with the college...an older gentleman who plays jazz piano, arranges , etc.

I went to the music office, got his phone number and had a great conversation. He owns 3-4 Hammonds and a few Leslies. He asked me to get with him and help him move the Leslie out of the practice room and swap with the other matching cab at home. After hanging up, I get an e-mail from him and he mentions he has an H100 sitting in his garage and it needs a good home. He is giving it to me free!!!

Now I just got to find a good deal on a Leslie and I'm set.....

Thanks for listening,

jeff

Dodge City Schools -USD 443
Forte Music School

http://forte.musicteachershelper.com

#141544 - 08/30/07 07:20 AM Re: Wow!!! free hammond... I'm blessed
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Now that's a proper gift.

Congratulations.

Ian

#141545 - 08/30/07 08:26 AM Re: Wow!!! free hammond... I'm blessed
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA
Congratulations what a score . Back in the early 70s I worked for the local Hammond dealer. I remember the H series, nice piece of equipment.

#141546 - 08/30/07 12:33 PM Re: Wow!!! free hammond... I'm blessed
wrinkles303 Offline

Loc: worthington ,ohio
i played on the road for about 3 yrs with a h100 hammond. to me, it doesn't quite have the "bite" of the b-3 but hey..... for free.
that was a good organ for me.i used a 122 leslie. clean sounding,good looking and man was it heavy. i later got a b-3 with 2 122 leslies. my pedals were wired into a seperate bass amp. what a sound. me and that organ were together for almost 20 more years on the road. i still have recordings of her. ahhh great memories. enjoy your
blessing, something like that don't happen too often

#141547 - 08/30/07 02:30 PM Re: Wow!!! free hammond... I'm blessed
Dreamer Offline

Loc: Rome - Italy
Hi Jeff,
if I were you I would go to Las Vegas or Atlantic City (depending which one is closer to you) and grab the first slot machine you can lay your hands on.
Like we say here: "Beat the iron while it's still hot"...

#141548 - 08/31/07 08:56 AM Re: Wow!!! free hammond... I'm blessed
captain Russ Offline

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
Congratulations! I have my old B, a C an M100 and just spent WAY TOO MUCH to restore an old M(drawbars-that's about it) for the office. At 90 degrees I have an old Whirlitzer. Use a 147 for the hammond just to fool around.

Ther M was only made in 1959-50 I think. It's probably only worth $150-200 max, but it belonged to the father of an old lady who moved into an assisted living facility and hated parting with it. I paid $200.00, paid $150 to move it, paid $200 to have refinishing done and $450.00 for a rebuilt starter and labor. That's about 5 times what it's worth. but it has a hood home and the old gal is happy that I have it and have promised to take good care of it. She thinks it's invaluable.

Gosh, I'm getting sentimental in my old age.

Russ (the softy) Lay

#141549 - 08/31/07 01:00 PM Re: Wow!!! free hammond... I'm blessed
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA

[This message has been edited by Fran Carango (edited 09-04-2007).]

#141550 - 08/31/07 01:03 PM Re: Wow!!! free hammond... I'm blessed
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Quote:
Originally posted by Dreamer:
Hi Jeff,
if I were you I would go to Las Vegas or Atlantic City (depending which one is closer to you) and grab the first slot machine you can lay your hands on.
Like we say here: "Beat the iron while it's still hot"...

The trick is knowing when to quit while you're ahead. Jeff. Enjoy your keyboard new acquisition. - Scott

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online