SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#141479 - 06/10/06 09:58 PM Re: Tyrosstyles on a G70
tarkington Offline

Loc: Fontana, CA, USA
To regularly performing live keyboard players the Tyros2 styles sound over arranged and quickly tiresome with little room to add the necessary personal touches during live performance. It's commonly noted how after a furious intro, the T2 styles cool down to predicatble beds...as Keyboard magazine says, it's the Bently of boom-cuck-ah. It seems silly then to try to play them on the G-70.

#141480 - 06/10/06 11:23 PM Re: Tyrosstyles on a G70
Dreamer Offline

Loc: Rome - Italy
Quote:
Originally posted by tarkington:
To regularly performing live keyboard players the Tyros2 styles sound over arranged and quickly tiresome with little room to add the necessary personal touches during live performance. It's commonly noted how after a furious intro, the T2 styles cool down to predicatble beds...as Keyboard magazine says, it's the Bently of boom-cuck-ah. It seems silly then to try to play them on the G-70.

Well, first of all it depends on the style you choose; many of the Tyros 2 styles are really tasty, and of course this depends on the person who programmed them.
In the second place, if you think that a style is too busy (overarranged) you can mute one or more tracks at will and save the result as a registration: this way you are free to play manually (in real time) the missing parts.
In the third place, speaking of "boom-cuck-ah", this is a limit of all the arranger keyboards: no matter how carefully you program a style, it will never sound like an ensemble of live musicians, who never play a song (or a part of it, for that matter) exactly the same way twice.
Arranger players that allow you to sync a wav loop to a style sound more authentic, but even so there is a limit to the amount of "authenticity" you can program within a style, and this limit is given by the memory of the instrument.
On the other hand, what is the alternative? Playing with a group of real musicians? Of course this is an entirely different experience, but one that is not always feasible and for many different reasons, both practical and financial.
This subject has been discussed already in the past and different points of views have been voiced.
If even professional players choose today to perform as one man band, there has to be a reason...

#141481 - 06/11/06 12:24 AM Re: Tyrosstyles on a G70
Wis Offline

Styleconvertion leads often to a good new basicstyle. When you are able to edit and to tweak these converted style you can have a new very good style. This will never be exactly the same as the original style on the original instrument but a good result is possible. All the good arrangers offer you many facilities to work on a style but it takes some time to learn this and to use them. Try it and it will make you more enjoying your instrument.
Come on guys and girls be a complete arrangerplayer !

#141482 - 06/11/06 02:28 AM Re: Tyrosstyles on a G70
kla4 Offline

Loc: NL
Why is nobody proving what he says/states ?

Keyboarder and Wis(e-guy):
Please make an audiorecording of a T2 style played on G70 and let people hear what you mean. Only words say nothing in this case!

Do convince us and show us how 'complete' you are Wis. After that we finally can stop 'fighting'

[This message has been edited by kla4 (edited 06-11-2006).]

#141483 - 06/11/06 07:08 AM Re: Tyrosstyles on a G70
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by kla4:

Please make an audiorecording of a T2 style played on G70 and let people hear what you mean. Only words say nothing in this case!

Exactly, agreed

#141484 - 06/11/06 07:23 AM Re: Tyrosstyles on a G70
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
IMO, which probably doesn't count for much, keyboards are a lot like cameras! They're only as good as the person who is using them. Some of the best photos I've seen published in more than a half century were shot with inexpensive cameras. Some of the best performances I've heard have been played on so-called NON-PROFESSIONAL keyboards.

When I orriginally came to this forum it was a search for knowledge to improve both my playing skills and improve my system. With the help of Uncle Dave, Donny Pesce, Fran Carango, Don Mason and a host of others who willingly provided excellent information and tips I was able to achieve this goal in a very short time. Valuable technical information was exchanged, some of us traveled to where others performed and obtained first-hand information, while others posted MP3s, midi files, photos, and drawings that were very beneficial.

Unfortunately, this no longer seems to be the case. Most of the more recent posts have been along the lines of a pissing contest. A mine's bigger and better than yours attitude serves no meaningful purpose whatsoever, and is absolutely no help to anyone.

If anyone has some solid, helpful, educational, factual information about any keyboard that would benefit owners of those particular boards, this is the kind of information that everyone would benefit from seeing. Photos of setups, upated information on operating systems, new product information, and comparison MP3s are always welcome posts. keep in mind that this forum is where many discovered the Bose PAS system, the Logitech Z-2200 and Z-5500 systems, and much, much more.

C'mon people--post something useful!

Gary

------------------
Travlin' Easy

[This message has been edited by travlin'easy (edited 06-11-2006).]

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#141485 - 06/11/06 10:36 AM Re: Tyrosstyles on a G70
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
The wise one has spoken true words..

#141486 - 06/11/06 11:24 PM Re: Tyrosstyles on a G70
Wis Offline

With a complete keyboardplayer I mean a keyboardplayer using all the facilities of the keyboard. I think there is nothing wrong with that statement. That is not fighting at all,it is just a boost to do everything with your instrument that is possible.

#141487 - 06/12/06 04:59 AM Re: Tyrosstyles on a G70
Taike Offline

Loc: Xingyi, Guizhou (China)
Quote:
Originally posted by Wis:
With a complete keyboardplayer I mean a keyboardplayer using all the facilities of the keyboard. I think there is nothing wrong with that statement. That is not fighting at all,it is just a boost to do everything with your instrument that is possible.

If that were the case I doubt very much that there would be many keyboards sold. I think it's fair to say that very few players ever reach that status. Is there even such a thing as a complete keyboardist? Not even the late Klaus Wunderlich called himself that. In fact, I've never heard someone call himself that.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by kla4:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Exactly, agreed
-------------------------------------------------
Agree as well.

------------------
Khoi huk ngam sud tee huk kon diow.

#141488 - 06/12/06 05:00 AM Re: Tyrosstyles on a G70
keybG Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by nielshs:
Quote:
I've only ever seen Neilsh post stuff for the G70 and even he is now moving over to the Tyros 2.

Craig, remember that I have decided to keep my G-70 because it beets the Tyros2 in many ways. I have played the Tyros2 for a week now, and yes its a good sounding keyboard with a lot of great styles. The G-70 sounds more like a real band and the Tyros2 sounds more like a cd-recording. So its a matter of taste what you like. I like them both.

Regards
Niels

Hi Niels,

I would like to ask you something. Now that you own both boards ,if you had to choose from the beginig to buy only one but knowing what is all about them, whitch board would you choose?

p.s my board is an old psr...

Regards
KeybG

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online