SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#141384 - 10/08/05 01:57 PM Tyros2...a new wave in keyboardworld !!!!
notlos Offline

Loc: Belgium
Hi,

I have been to a seminar of Yamaha benelux last monday. The tyros2 has introduced here with demonstrator "Peter Baartmans". I don't believe my eyes and ears so good !!!
the "super articulation voices" are great to play like shaking trumpets, saxophone that's give a live performance with all the elements a saxophoneplayer use, trumpet falls,......
This is really a new revolution in keyboard-history.
some specs:
super articulationvoices
harddisk recording
sample player
video out and rgb
usb to device
internet direct connection
new keyboard with 61 keys (feels good)
touch responce and aftertouch
1200 voices
new mega voices
super articulation technologie
400 styles
300 MB wave-memeory
up to 1 GB wave ram
new vocal harmony (converters etc...)
music finder
also new speaker set trs-ms 02(special for the tyros2)
optional harddisk (max 200 GB) !!!!

Hope you have listening to the many good demo's on the web. You must see it, heard it and ....played it. Amazing.

Notlos
www.notlos.com

------------------

#141385 - 10/08/05 02:21 PM Re: Tyros2...a new wave in keyboardworld !!!!
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Hi Dirk (Notlos). What a treat to chat with you on (free) MSN internet telephone (California-Belguim) today. The connection sound quality was impressive and closely matches Skype. I think Bill Gates may have caught up with Skype here (and with integrated webcam to boot) with MSN Messenger 7.5, and with every PC including MSN Messenger, may dominate internet telephone, so wonder if Microsoft will start charging eventually. For now, it's ALL FREE, so enjoy it while it lasts.

Hearing Notlos' high praise of Tyros2, after having BOTH heard & played it himself, I'm more anxious now than ever to finally receive mine. Let the nay-sayering skeptics here put it down, but Tyros2's truly a breakthrough keyboard for: LIVE Keyboard PLAYERS! . . . Long live SUPER ARTICULATION ! - Scott

#141386 - 10/09/05 06:20 AM Re: Tyros2...a new wave in keyboardworld !!!!
Riceroni9 Offline

Loc: TX, USA
Dirk: Thanks for your informative post. Can't wait to hear this new arranger "live and in person" but will probably have to wait awhile. Things move slowly around here.

All the best, RICE (The Lone Arranger)

#141387 - 10/09/05 10:02 AM Re: Tyros2...a new wave in keyboardworld !!!!
BlkNotes Offline

[QUOTE]Originally posted by notlos:
"new vocal harmony (converters etc...)"
Dear Notolos;

I have heard conflicting statements as whether or not the Tyros 2 has an upgraded vocal harmony processor, or the original used in the Tyros 1. Can anyone shed light on this?

Regards;
BN

#141388 - 10/09/05 10:11 AM Re: Tyros2...a new wave in keyboardworld !!!!
Roel Offline

Notlos:
Thanks for letting us know what your impression about T2 is

Blknotes:
What I heard from a dutch Yamaha rep :
Improved Vocal-harmonizer... better than T1.
They did not put a TC-Helicon in it (like Korg did in the PA1X) because it would make a too high price difference.
Most players want superb keyboard-functions above an HQ-vocalizer.

I expect only 2-5 % will use de VH ?!

#141389 - 10/09/05 11:31 AM Re: Tyros2...a new wave in keyboardworld !!!!
renig Offline

Loc: Canada
Hi Roel,

Hmmmmm, only 2-5% interested in VH? That's next to nothing. I would have thought that anyone who sings as well as plays would be highly interested in using VH.

I'd bet the pro's who frequent this board would go for the TC Helicon option, were it offered - unless, of course, the current built-in VH is that good. True, I haven't heard the current VH of the Tyros2, but I was'nt impressed by the original T1 VH.

The tools of the trade don't come cheap in many professions and by not including the option of the TC Helicon in the Tyros2, it's verging on spoiling the ship for a ha'porth of tar. You wouldn't expect a doctor to buy a one-eared stethoscope.

[This message has been edited by renig (edited 10-09-2005).]

#141390 - 10/20/05 06:39 PM Re: Tyros2...a new wave in keyboardworld !!!!
Scottyee Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Roel:
What I heard from a dutch Yamaha rep :
Improved Vocal-harmonizer... better than T1.

Hi Roel. Interesting to hear this, as I was informed by my Yamaha T2 source, that the vocalizer 'hardware' included in T2 is just the same one as used in T1. Is this NOT true?

Quote:
Originally posted by Notlos:
tyros2 new specs . . . new vocal harmony (converters etc...)

Notlos. Please explain what is meant by 'converters'. Is this 'software' or 'hardware' related? Are these merely new 'vocal harmony type' settings (Duo, Quartet, etc) to select from, or is this some kind of new vocal harmony software (enhancement?) that helps improve the actual SOUND QUALITY of the harmonies themselves?

Quote:
Originally posted by Renig:

I'd bet the pro's who frequent this board would go for the TC Helicon option

I have to concur with Renig on this. Though Tyros1's vocalizer is adequate (for me) in a live situation, I'd definitely prefer the much better quality vocal harmony my TC Helicon 'Voice Works' produces all built-in to the Tyros2, even if it means having to pay a little more for that luxury. I'm really curious now to find out just how much (if any) better the vocal harmonizer on the T2 is compared to T1. At this point, I'd appreciate even a marginal improvement.

Scott

#141391 - 10/21/05 04:11 PM Re: Tyros2...a new wave in keyboardworld !!!!
notlos Offline

Loc: Belgium
Hi scott,

they told me there is a balanced mic input now (more proffesional) and the convertors are new "hardware" improvements.

regards,

dirk
www.notlos.com

------------------

#141392 - 10/21/05 04:28 PM Re: Tyros2...a new wave in keyboardworld !!!!
Scottyee Offline

Hi Dirk. Thanks. That's GOOD news!

Were you by any chance able to make a direct comparison between T1 & T2's vocal harmony sound quality? Curious if the improvement is noticeably heard. - Scott

#141393 - 10/21/05 04:46 PM Re: Tyros2...a new wave in keyboardworld !!!!
Clif Anderson Offline

The "converters" are probably the analog-to-digital (A/D) converters and the digital-to-analog (D/A) converters. The A/D converters convert your analog voice input to digital data that can be manipulated by the vocal harmony "computer". The D/A converters conver the digital harmony data to analog waveforms that are used to help convert the harmony data to the analog domain so your can hear it.

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online