SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#141183 - 09/09/03 07:50 PM Re: Digital Recorders
S0C9 Offline

Loc: NRH, TX, USA
Ditto for me...

only with the Korg D1600. I picked mine up in a GC Memorial Day sale - fully refurbished with latest OS, 40 GB HD and 20x10x20 CDRW unit - for $600 (regularly $1399). WHAT A DEAL !!
LOVE IT !! It's portable, has full 16 tracks, all the built in effects, click track, built in rythym generator, 8 trk simultaneous record (nice feature), wave file export/import, CD burning, S/PDIF in/out, FOUR Lo-Z inputs ALL with switchable phantom power. And clean. WOW !! I would have paid full price.

There's also a user support site too http://www.korgstudios.com/forum/default.asp

I think the thing to remember in all of this is that one tends to get what one pays for.
Regards,
Steve

[This message has been edited by S0C9 (edited 09-09-2003).]

#141184 - 09/09/03 10:10 PM Re: Digital Recorders
KN_Fan Offline

Yeah- I really hate messing around with program this program that. I was frustrated with my Triton studio first time I got it, luckily now it's not as intimidating as before.

So I guess my objective would be (not necessarily in this order):

1. Price (can't be more than 300ish bux)
2. User Friendly
3. Ability to transfer from digital to my computer (via USB or something else without purchasing additional device costing me more money)
4. Virtual tracks is okay- I guess I want an option also to copy and paste various parts of virtual tracks and copy it to a final track (but this is not too important. I guess I can just learn to punchin/punch out and be okay).
5. I can use the effects for my vocal through my Triton. So basically I'll put my microphone through the Triton's mic input, use effects from the keyboard.
6. I think PXR4 only has one input that means the recording would be in mono. I don't know how important this is.

Squeak- I saw your review in music123 too
I'm interested to know more but also interested in hearing what others would say about other options (unbiased opinion I guess).

Can't spend 1000 bucks for a higher end stuff as this is purely for my hobby only (but I justified the $2800 purchase for the Studio..go figure )

KN_Fan

#141185 - 09/10/03 10:31 AM Re: Digital Recorders
DanO1 Offline

Loc: Maryland
Hi KN Fan ,

send me an email . I may have something you will like . Dano

#141186 - 09/10/03 02:56 PM Re: Digital Recorders
Leon Offline

Loc: British Columbia
Hi there KN_Fan

I'm utilizing twin D8's, works for me.
Extremely friendly, extremely portable, extremely clean ....If you want a definition of unfriendly.......and I know it's gonna raise the ire from some forum folks, see any Roland VS manual. Just my thots. Do what YOU want....not what others tell you is best.
Last but not least...Have Fun Doin' it!!

[This message has been edited by Leon (edited 09-10-2003).]

#141187 - 09/10/03 11:38 PM Re: Digital Recorders
KN_Fan Offline

Thanks guys for your replies.

Just a slight change. I'm going to try the computer route just for the heck of it, download a free demo, or get an inxpensive 40 bucks software for now, I think it's worth to try.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online