SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 6 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >
Topic Options
#141000 - 06/19/05 05:27 PM Re: Mediastation X-76 Audio-Midi Arranger...
Irishacts Offline

Loc: Ireland
Hi Domenik.

Quote:
Do NOT accuse me about illegal styles,

I did NOT accuse you of anything.
But what I will do now is actually quote YOU on your own posts.

Quote:
IF I take one YOUR SAMBA style, I open it, edit it, rework it, change the program changes, volumes, text copyright from your to mine and SOME note...
At the end I have one tatally new sound style that you can NOT reproduce with your keyboard.
After I made this new style, let me know IF you can understand IF this style is MINE or your. How you can prove it??

I can’t believe you don’t see anything wrong with that.

Or how about this….

Quote:
Just go there to EMC: http://www.emc-software.de/
buy the BIG package: 80 styles for 49 Euro, there have a lot available...
Import one styles to the sequencer and ADD the wav audio file, thats all!

So suggesting that those about to work for a free Mediastation should purchase copyrighted styles and convert them so you can host them for free is supposed to be legal ?.

Sorry, but I really don’t understand any of your logic. You are most certainly skating on thin ice here and just screaming out to be nailed on copyright law. Telling people that they can purchase copyrighted material and modify it heavily and then stick their own name to is simply crazy.

Quote:
but you totally free to develope it from scratch!

This is the ONLY option and you should really not try your look asking people to convert copyrighted material in the hopes you will get away it.

This is all I have to say in this subject so I wish you good look. Just do me one favour. Talk to someone about the issues I have brought up because I promise you I’m right. If you convert copyrighted material in the hopes nobody will recognise the style from it’s original copyrighted version. You WILL get nailed.

Regards.
Sharp.

#141001 - 06/19/05 10:30 PM Re: Mediastation X-76 Audio-Midi Arranger...
to the genesys Offline

Hi Domenik,
You can always send me a mediastation with out styles I really don't care for onboard styles. as long as to tools are there for me to make my own styles. Afterall, I don't want nor expect a keyboard with midi files.

Whether the musical part of styles are copyrightable is a hot topic.
There is a school of thought that contends most styles to be infringing on copyrights. Most of the styles are taken from copyrighted songs (just look at the name of some of them)

Then you have to ask yourself, can you really copyright a style or genre.

#141002 - 06/20/05 05:28 AM Re: Mediastation X-76 Audio-Midi Arranger...
technicsplayer Offline

it's wider than purely musical copyright, in the EC you can use unfair competition law against a competitor who takes data (styles) from your product and uses it in his own - no need for musical copyright law. This succeeded a few years ago when one of the major manufacturers found their styles modified and used on another product.

#141003 - 07/05/05 01:47 PM Re: Mediastation X-76 Audio-Midi Arranger...
Stevizard Offline

Loc: Indianapolis, IN, USA
Domenic:

I've been watching your website for the past couple of years. Lionstacs development of the Mediastation doesn't seem to be any further along than it was 2 years ago.

Frankly, I think Lionstac has "bitten off more than they can chew". In other words, the project is too big for them to handle at this time.

Most keyboard players would not be willing to invest $3000 U.S. dollars in a keyboard from novist manufacturer. Lionstac must develop brand name recognition and a reputation for service in order to earn the customer's trust. Lionstac has not done this as yet.

Lionstacs should first endeavor to produce a simple, scaled-down version of the mediastation, and sell it at a very good price to value ratio. Then, provide top-notch service to every customer.

Selling these less expensive keyboards would provide the money needed to invest in the development of a true top-end arranger keyboard and would go a long way to developing the trust of the keyboard-playing community.

Regards,
Steve

#141004 - 07/05/05 02:26 PM Re: Mediastation X-76 Audio-Midi Arranger...
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Steve , Domenik has produced earlier Media stations for at least five years ..

#141005 - 07/05/05 02:36 PM Re: Mediastation X-76 Audio-Midi Arranger...
Anonymous
Unregistered

d

[This message has been edited by domenik (edited 07-22-2005).]

#141006 - 07/05/05 03:19 PM Re: Mediastation X-76 Audio-Midi Arranger...
Anonymous
Unregistered

d

#141007 - 07/14/05 01:45 PM Re: Mediastation X-76 Audio-Midi Arranger...
Anonymous
Unregistered

d

#141008 - 07/14/05 04:47 PM Re: Mediastation X-76 Audio-Midi Arranger...
Roel Offline

Hi Domenik,

You consider me to be your good friend.. thanks for that!

Well I took a look/listen to both the video and piano.mp3 and (of course) some comments :

a. The video quality is much better than before, well done !

b. The audio however still is poor and I keep wondering WHY don't you guys use the camera's stereo line-in instead of the cheap electret-microphone on the camera ?
Because of the 'auto-gain adjustment' the dynamics are eliminated completely.

c. The German player knows how to play, but his English is SOOO poor. (Early Boris Becker accent multiplied by 10 )

d. The MP3 is clipping pretty often.
(Unacceptable.... even for a beginning amateur)

e. A few times I noticed a few seconds of TDK-alike tones coming from the MS. (MP3 at 1:45 right before the counting voice starts)
In the video the German also notices the tones and seems to be surprised as well ?

I'm not in the position to TELL you what to do or what not to do (as you pointed it) but in my view the mediastation is =

A more or less standard PC with Linux OS and 3 input interfaces frontpanel, keyboard and display.
To make it sound like a B3, you have to purchase Native Instruments B4. I hope you do realize you cannot modify the program B4 a bit, save it to your disk and then say : "It is free of copyrights!"

Well my friend, I'm still disappointed in Lionstracs, good luck for the future..... and in a few months my new 'baby'will arrive : The Yamaha Tyros-2

Yeah I know... I know it sounds terrible and a plastic toy
but Yamaha does make great demo video's and MP3's that's the difference ! (Michel Voncken, Peter Baartmans, both Dutchies)

[This message has been edited by Roel (edited 07-15-2005).]

#141009 - 07/15/05 02:38 AM Re: Mediastation X-76 Audio-Midi Arranger...
MIDIROEL Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Roel:
Hi Domenik,

You consider me to be your good friend.. thanks for that!

Well I took a look/listen to both the video and piano.mp3 and (of course) some comments :

a. The video quality is much better than before, well done !

b. The audio however still is poor and I keep wondering WHY don't you guys use the camera's stereo line-in instead of the cheap electret-microphone on the camera ?
Because of the 'auto-gain adjustment' the dynamics are eliminated completely.

c. The German player knows how to play, but his English is SOOO poor. (Early Boris Becker accent multiplied by 10 )

d. The MP3 is clipping pretty often.
(Unacceptable.... even for a beginning amateur)

e. A few times I noticed a few seconds of TDK-alike tones coming from the MS. (MP3 at 1:45 right before the counting voice starts)
In the video the German also notices the tones and seems to be surprised as well ?

I'm not in the position to TELL you what to do or what not to do (as you pointed it) but in my view the mediastation is =

A more or less standard PC with Linux OS and 3 input interfaces frontpanel, keyboard and display.
To make it sound like a B3, you have to purchase Native Instruments B4. I hope you do realize you cannot modify the program B4 a bit, save it to your disk and then say : "It is free of copyrights!"

Well my friend, I'm still disappointed in Lionstracs, good luck for the future..... and in a few months my new 'baby'will arrive : The Yamaha Tyros-2

Yeah I know... I know it sounds terrible and a plastic toy
but Yamaha does make great demo video's and MP3's that's the difference ! (Michel Voncken, Peter Baartmans, both Dutchies)

[This message has been edited by Roel (edited 07-15-2005).]

Hello ROEL,

now with your last comment, you have shown, how stupid YOU are.

Right....Domenico has recorded the video with a normal digital video-camaera.
But....after this, for audio he has made an MP-3 file and converted it by a convert-program.

OK...sure....sorry that the MP-3 audio-file contains some clips........but this came by only the convert-program.....ok....sorry!

But.........
it's a big pity, that MEDIASTATION, such an fine instrument, goes into the wrong hands like YOU......with a stupid mind and brain!!!

OK....feel free.........
and go with your YAMAHA (VOLKSWAGEN type, like a TRABANT for all peoples)......

FREEEEEEEE with YOUR
MEEEEEEEEEEEEEGAAAAAAAAAAAAAVOICE.........
booooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

muhahahahahahahaha!!!!!

Page 6 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online