SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >
Topic Options
#140960 - 06/09/05 09:40 AM Re: Mediastation X-76 Audio-Midi Arranger...
Roel Offline

As far as I remember at least the Ketron SD1 is able to change tempi without changing the pitch of the sampled drum-loops.
Lionstracs started shipping the mediastation around october 2004, but still no professional video- or audio-demo's or a place where the X-76 can be demoed or tested.
(many members asked for it many many times!)

Sure..... good ideas/concepts need support and encouragement, but we truly need some 'prove' of the development so far. Only screenshots, promises and BAD (I repeat BAD) video demos played by non-prefessional musicians (e.g. the "pianist") make me think this company will not survive.

Domenik, please hire some good musicians, spend some money and show us what your equipment can do in a good video. (at least stereo, 128kbps and without tons of background noise)

I truly like to like the X-76

#140961 - 06/09/05 10:15 AM Re: Mediastation X-76 Audio-Midi Arranger...
to the genesys Offline

Actually it is probably better if a demo is done by a non expert musician and keyboard user.

That way you don’t have to wonder if the demos have been tweaked in ways that a very average player would not be able to replicate (kind of like what probably is happening with the G70).

Due to the new concept in keyboards that lionstrac is introducing, I think more importantly than sound demos (since most of the sounds you can get as softsynths and demo other places), is how stable is the keyboard. Can it handle a lot of functions with out crashing? Is it easy to use? Would it be reliable for both studio and live work? Those to me seem to be the questions that lionstrac must answer if they hope to get a lot of sales.

Just my opinion.

#140962 - 06/09/05 10:58 AM Re: Mediastation X-76 Audio-Midi Arranger...
Anonymous
Unregistered

d

[This message has been edited by domenik (edited 07-22-2005).]

#140963 - 06/09/05 05:57 PM Re: Mediastation X-76 Audio-Midi Arranger...
pianodano Offline

Loc: Chesapeake, Virginia
Quote:
Originally posted by domenik:
For Roel..
Is better that we don't talk what the SD1 can stretching or we must cry...they use the old dream 64 Voice for the GM sounds and audio pitch...we have the Dream 128 Voice but only for the GM sounds..because for the remain stuff...better to foget all...
About for more Video, when Bernd come here we will make some new video, just to make more you there crazy...
who been in the Musikmesse, saw all how the MS had worked and about the sound quality, all the ppl there was schoked...everybody with the mouth closed. The video in the web is the probe and IF someone have to say some, we are here to make the coparision when they want.
But how you see here too...nobody have the corauge to reply and say some...all they are scared of the reality that so one small company can do that.....and ALL they are my friends...I'm work in this company Lionstracs now from 10 years...

i just posted some new synth sounds...just for hear some sounds....don't look how I had played...are only examples ( better than nothing)

For: to the genesys
true, i will try to make some new video with a normally guy that can not play so well but that you can see there HOW easy is to use the Mediastation.

About the sounds..please....do NOT insist to asking the sound quality...please...
IF the NI B4 is not enough, you have installed more 70 free VST, synths, effects... you are allowed to LOAD any type of GIGA library, Bosendorfer 290, 1.9Gb data, Stainway...all wht you like...do you waant tell me that all the others sounds company sell shitty GIGA sounds?? Then you have only to change it...load all what you want.

We give you there all the freedom to load, play all the sounds, media, video that you like..is not enough?
If not, then continue to buy the embedded keyboards, I dont know what I must to do better.
let me see what the other can do.
anyway, thanks again
Cheers
Domenik

Domenik,

If you have really been able to accomplish this, Bless you. I hope you have a winner on your hands. I believe that the one that can program the best version of this type of product will be the answer many of us have been looking for and that know longer want to be chained to the same old companies that think they know best what our instruments should sound like.

Good luck,

danny

#140964 - 06/09/05 10:10 PM Re: Mediastation X-76 Audio-Midi Arranger...
spalding Offline

Loc: Birmingham
Hi Domenik. I think that the only thing holding your product back is the very fact that no one has had a chance to demonstrate a fully loaded Liontrack product.Fully loaded meaning, great sounds of the soft synth type quality. Great arranger functions and styles comparable with Yamaha korg etc

The difficulty is that in theory your keyboard "can be" literally whatever type of keyboard you want it to be without the normal constraints that the usual hardware driven keyboards have. But.....

If you want to sell these units you HAVE to demonstrate one with some of the soft synth sound modules loaded on the keyboard. You have said the following

"Just go there to EMC: http://www.emc-software.de/
buy the BIG package: 80 styles for 49 Euro, there have a lot available...
Import one styles to the sequencer and ADD the wav audio file, thats all!

Around here in the net, you can find GOOD styles for less 5 US dollars...
You can use your good styles too, have only to add the audio wav and IF you want to delete the Midi drums traks.
One guy here, in this system had programmed about 20 styles in one day."

So demo one of your keyboards with some of these good styles , using some of the best vst pluggins on the market!! Let the buyers Actually hear how great the sounds and styles can sound together ! I would start with the most critial sound to any keyboard player, the piano.

Someone asked about the sounds onboard the keyboard and you answered.....

"About the sounds..please....do NOT insist to asking the sound quality...please...
IF the NI B4 is not enough, you have installed more 70 free VST, synths, effects... you are allowed to LOAD any type of GIGA library, Bosendorfer 290, 1.9Gb data, Stainway...all wht you like...do you waant tell me that all the others sounds company sell shitty GIGA sounds?? Then you have only to change it...load all what you want."

I dont know if you have anysales people working for you but that was a poor answer. If your potential customers are enquiring bout the sound quality of the unit then they are giving you "buying signals" . Respond accordingly. They want to hear the sound quality , so purchase some of the best available soft synth sounds on the market and demonstrate it on the keyboard.Noone wants to purchase an instrument on its "potential" usefulness . I too really want to support your product as i am getting more than a little cheesed off with the usual minor annual increment in the big 4 keyboard company offerings every year that are marketed as the "next innovation" when really they have simply decided to use 5 year old technology in a slightly different way to milk more money from their loyal customer base.

But your liontracks unit does not have any kind of track record and for people to buy into what it can do , you cant just talk about what it can potentially do, you need to show it!!

PS noone wants a DVD player on their keyboard. its not a function any musician will use and demonstrating that works AGAINST you. Serious musiscians want a serious music making machine. If i want to watch a film, i go to the movies.

You have my best wishes and support for this product.

Spalding

#140965 - 06/09/05 11:42 PM Re: Mediastation X-76 Audio-Midi Arranger...
manic2257 Offline

Loc: australia
in reply to spalding...YES YES YES, totally 120%agree with you...if we could just actually hear sounds rather than hyperbole, it would go a long way to helping us buy one of these..i too am so sick and tired (hey!theres a good line for a lyric!!!lol) of 'board manufacturers espousing the "latest thing" when it is just the latest "reworking" with mebbe some DSP EFX thrown in of a 5 or 10 year old sound..software synths and samplers ARE the cutting edge and have shown more innovation and improvement in the past year than most of the hardware boys in the past ten years.
And that goes for ALL hardware manufacturers..even the so called OASYS..its just re-working (in some of its operations) of synth stuff we were doing in 1986, its just flashed up a lot more....So come on Lionstracs give us some meat and less gravy!!

peace, out

#140966 - 06/10/05 04:22 AM Re: Mediastation X-76 Audio-Midi Arranger...
Roel Offline

Domenik is 'loudly' advertising on Synthzone for more than a year and now starts a recruitment campagne as well ? ... I think this is SPAM !

Please try advertising on the Lionstracs-site, sell some MS's and let (potential) customers discuss here what they think of it.
If they think it is a good product... the members will do the promotion automatically.

Many forum members gave Domenik free excellent advise on 'How to promote his product' (recording, the use of real musicians... etc.)

#140967 - 06/10/05 06:18 AM Re: Mediastation X-76 Audio-Midi Arranger...
Anonymous
Unregistered

d

#140968 - 06/10/05 06:59 AM Re: Mediastation X-76 Audio-Midi Arranger...
squeak_D Offline

Loc: West Virginia
What is the US price for one of these keyboards?

Squeak
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.

#140969 - 06/10/05 07:21 AM Re: Mediastation X-76 Audio-Midi Arranger...
Anonymous
Unregistered

d

Page 2 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online