SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#140938 - 09/23/05 01:56 PM Re: Tyros2 Dealer Premiere Show Report + "new" Detailed Tyros2 Pictures!
keybplayer Offline

Loc: CA
Quote:
Originally posted by acoustictones:
Why go to the trouble of including a HD recorder if it is only to only allow 2 or even 4 tracks (which I don't believe it even will do that)...You have now got things out there like the Fusion that has at least 8 tracks and it's only selling for $1600...How much more would it really have cost them to allow this new Tyros the ability to do 8 tracks rather than 1, 2, 3 or even 4...8 is a minimum standard as far as I would be concerned...and they already have all the technoligy to make this happen...I can't imagine that it would have cost them a dime to implement more tracks...I hope they are able to resolve this with a future OS update...taking it from 2 to 8 tracks...a huge blunder...some don't even care if it has a HD recorder, so they think it's a waist anyways, but those of us who would love it and would buy it due to this addition also will not be happy because the number of tracks makes it a waiste as well...come on Yamaha, step up to the plate on this one or simply leave it off the board...don't tease us with such a great feature, and then completly limit it.

Roland added 8 Stereo Linear Audio Tracks just recently with an OS update included in the Expansion Kit for the Fantom X keyboards and the Rack XR Module. You can read about it: Here

So I would think Yamaha could do the same (through an OS Update) for the Tyros2 with its already 2 Audio Tracks Recorder.

That is if Yammie really 'wanted' to, i.e. they probably have the ability technology wise to put it on the Tyros2, but 'will' they indeed implement such an added "feature" for their customers??

If the Tyros1 is any indication of Yamaha's full ,passionate, and highly motivated and unwavering support for a Keyboard product of their's, i.e. the Tyros1, then Tyros2 owners shouldn't hold their breath waiting for them to implement it in my opinion.

For heaven's sake - remember the teeth pulling we had to do for them to give us the "Repeat Self to Fill" feature on the Tyros? What a fiasco!! But to be fair they 'finally' did implement it through an OS update. But like I said don't hold your breath future Tyros2 owners. Yamaha has a tendency in my opinion to ship it and 'forget' it. Or maybe rather I should say 'ignore' it. Getting them to support an already released product is like trying to pull teeth. In other words; it ain't easy!

Best regards,
Mike

#140939 - 09/23/05 02:15 PM Re: Tyros2 Dealer Premiere Show Report + "new" Detailed Tyros2 Pictures!
kbrkr Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
I'm right there with ya acoustictones! Great points.

Mike, to your O/S points, don't hold your breath waiting for Yamaha to upgrade the Tyros OS. They completely abandoned Tyros 1. Not one major feature enhancement through software in the last 2 years!

Pa4x - LD Systems Maui 28 - Mackie Thumps

#140940 - 09/23/05 02:26 PM Re: Tyros2 Dealer Premiere Show Report + "new" Detailed Tyros2 Pictures!
squeak_D Offline

Loc: West Virginia
Excellent points there about OS upgrading. Didn't they also pretty much do the same thing with the 9000 Pro as well. I agree when it comes to arrangers it seems that as stated by acoustictones, yamaha just ships then and forgets them.

It's not like their Motif line. Hell just look at Motifator.com. Talk about support.

Squeak
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.

#140941 - 09/23/05 02:46 PM Re: Tyros2 Dealer Premiere Show Report + "new" Detailed Tyros2 Pictures!
squeak_D Offline

Loc: West Virginia
keybplayer,
Didn't Roland also offer that upgrade FREE to all current owners as well?

Squeak
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.

#140942 - 09/23/05 03:39 PM Re: Tyros2 Dealer Premiere Show Report + "new" Detailed Tyros2 Pictures!
Beakybird Offline

I think that this is going to be an amazing keyboard.

I wish that I could afford one.

I will wait until next summer, and hopefully Yamaha will come out with a midlevel arranger with many of these features.

I hope to soon be getting Tyros 2 styles converted to the PSR3000.

It looks like this is going to be a quantum leap beyond Tyros 1.

Beakybird

#140943 - 09/23/05 04:19 PM Re: Tyros2 Dealer Premiere Show Report + "new" Detailed Tyros2 Pictures!
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Velly intelesting! Hmmmmmmm! NAH--I'll stick with the 3K until Yamaha comes out with a sunlight viewable display and speakers, maybe they'll be available with the next PSR series. Nope, they didn't call me this time either!

Gary

------------------
Travlin' Easy

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#140944 - 09/23/05 05:19 PM Re: Tyros2 Dealer Premiere Show Report + "new" Detailed Tyros2 Pictures!
keybplayer Offline

Loc: CA
Quote:
Originally posted by squeak_D:
keybplayer,
Didn't Roland also offer that upgrade FREE to all current owners as well?

Squeak

Customers who purchase a Fantom-X6/7/8 after Jan 1, 2005 are entitled to a free v2 upgrade kit while supplies last. Those who purchased a Fantom-X6/7/8 before Jan 1, 2005 have to pay $49.00 for the Kit.

It is still a deal even if the owners who purchased one before Jan 1, 2005 have to pay the $49.00 in my opinion. But I think Roland should have offered the Kit for free to any and all Fantom X owners. That's my personal opinion of course. Roland has their reasons for charging the fee to those who purchased before Jan 1, 2005 and I'm suspecting the main reason is the incentive for new customers to purchase an X and also to recoup some of the costs to develop the software upgrade, etc. Charging only $49.00 shouldn't upset too many previous owners and they benefit by gaining back some of the R&D dollars as a bonus.

Best regards,
Mike

PS: The XR Module gets the expansion Kit "minus" the additon of the Audio Tracks. Yet they still have to pay $49.00 also (owners who purchased before Jan 1, 2005 that is). But the other additions in the expansion Kit seem pretty appealing too if you ask me.

Best regards,
Mike

#140945 - 09/23/05 08:22 PM Re: Tyros2 Dealer Premiere Show Report + "new" Detailed Tyros2 Pictures!
GlennT Offline

Loc: Medina, OH, USA

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online