SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4
Topic Options
#140737 - 02/23/05 09:53 PM Re: NEW ARRANGER SOFTWARE #1
DAN.2000 Offline

Loc: FRANCE
Of course it will be fully controblable via MIDI. In live we don't want one hand on the mouse and one hand on the keys

Dan
https://www.varranger.com

#140738 - 02/24/05 04:52 AM Re: NEW ARRANGER SOFTWARE #1
midimast Offline

Loc: Rhodes Greece
Hi Dan this is a great Idea no mater the functions you place in the software
the most important is to make ASIO engine drivers for the sound card I have seen Live styler and OMB and they have the same problem
too much latency so the only way to play with them is through an exterlan wavetable
it will be Succes to make an arranger program to play for Ex with HyperCanvas

#140739 - 02/24/05 05:00 AM Re: NEW ARRANGER SOFTWARE #1
Frank L. Rosenthal Offline

Dan DE France, you may wish to include VST or DX Audio inputs so as allow for vocal harmonizers (Antares, DecaBuddy), Distortion Guitar effects, etc. As you know forte Ensemble already has this feature. So this would only be relevant if you built a standalone software arranger system with all the features included - VST/DX host and so on.

#140740 - 02/24/05 09:03 AM Re: NEW ARRANGER SOFTWARE #1
Clif Anderson Offline

Dan

I think your plan to begin with a standalone arranger that comes with a base GM2 or XG sound set so that it works without requiring other programs. A later step would be to add VST-ASIO hosting, so that users can access a far greater range of quality sounds. I support most of Bluezplayer's and Frank's suggestions above.

[This message has been edited by Clif Anderson (edited 02-24-2005).]

#140741 - 02/25/05 04:38 PM Re: NEW ARRANGER SOFTWARE #1
ViLo Offline

Loc: Dallas Tx., USA
GREAT IDEA!!!!!!

It'll be nice if it can be used for recording

------------------
ViLo
HE'S COMING, MAKE MUSIC, GET READY! smile

#140742 - 03/09/05 11:56 AM Re: NEW ARRANGER SOFTWARE #1
Anonymous
Unregistered

Great idea Dan, I used your USV Ketron software and was really happy with it, so I was into your idea when I first read the post.

I wanted to add a suggestion to the list of other great suggestions made earlier. I thought that one thing that would make this software THE ultimate is if you add a scene structure similar to the one from the Karma technology. For example, say we have a style made up of 4 arrangements, and each arrangement is made up of a drum line, 3 accompanying melodic lines, and a stretchable audio loop. The scene structure could be used as a master selection scheme. For instance, we can program scene 1 to select drums from arrangement 2, accompanying melodic lines from arrangement 3, etc… that way, switching between different scenes will practically give an unlimited number of combinations within the same style, all IN REAL-TIME. And again, since this is a pc-software based project, there are no virtual limits in terms of memory, resources… Which is the whole idea behind it. I am a computer engineer, and really interested in this idea as a keyboard player as well. I would love to chat with you about it and perhaps offer help if I can. Is it ok if I add you to my msn list?

Take care everybody

#140743 - 03/10/05 02:30 AM Re: NEW ARRANGER SOFTWARE #1
DAN.2000 Offline

Loc: FRANCE
My msn : dan2000z@hotmail.com

Dan
https://www.varranger.com

Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online