SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#140662 - 07/02/06 09:52 PM The most amazing set up I seen so far.......
mdorantes Offline

Loc: Queretaro, Mexico
Hi everyone, I just had the pleasure to see one of the most amazing dream Keyboard-midi-sound-systems I seen so far......This was not in a music store or recording studio......but certanly, could even surpass MANY I seen.
That dream set up is in Tapas Das home......you will not believe it until you see it......you can tell that he does his homework, research and investigates to detail what are the specs, capacities, quality and all the features in EVERY item in his set up. I know he is a very humble person, but he has a very serious investemt here, I am still impress for what I saw and heard too.......here you have somebody that appreciate music in general, and likes to listen with nothing but premium quality sound. I did not post inmediatly because I had a lot of gigs....and until now that I have a break, I had to tell someone :0)
Thank you Tapas for sharing that amazing Sound/midi system and keyboard "heaven".
He can control the total MEGASYSTEM with ONE single remote.......Is amazing!!!.
I hope he post pictures and description of his MEGAsystem.

#140663 - 07/02/06 11:20 PM Re: The most amazing set up I seen so far.......
Tapas Offline

Loc: Phoenix, Arizona, USA
Hi Manuel,

Thanks for the kind words and taking your time to visit my studio yesterday. I am glad I got the opportunity to see and hear you play on my Tyros2 at home. The Tyros2 really came alive with your professional touch and custom registrations. I could hear the difference the moment you started playing.

Your new CD sounds exquisite. You chose the best 18 Ballroom Dance hits and rendered them with your instrumental magic. I listened to it several times and I could still not get myself to believe you made this with just the Tyros2. Yamaha should hire your as their official demo person. Hope you make some MP3 files for our SynthZone members to download.

I had posted a few photos of my setup a while back. Here they are:

Modules

Monitors

Tyros2

Desktop

All the audio/video gadgets are controlled by a single Philips Pronto TSU2000 remote. This is a lifesaver. If someone is interested on programmable remotes, please visit Remote Central

I think we musicians are the happiest bunch in the whole wide world. Let’s keep the music coming!!!

Tapas

[This message has been edited by Tapas (edited 07-02-2006).]

#140664 - 07/03/06 02:06 AM Re: The most amazing set up I seen so far.......
Craig_UK Offline

Loc: UK
Now that's what I call a serious set up, lovely stuff. Has this guy won the lottery

#140665 - 07/03/06 05:30 AM Re: The most amazing set up I seen so far.......
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
One of the first things that caught my eye was the poster of the rose with the word "PASSION" at the bottom ... If there is one thing I have tried to impart to my family, friends, co-workers, etc.. is that if you are going to do something, do it with a passion ... if you are going to live on God's great Earth, do it with passion ...

This is a beautiful set up - if there is anything at all I would change it is the direction of the keyboards ... perhaps they are facing the wall for the affect of the photo, but I would hate to play facing that way ...

Quote:
Originally posted by Tapas:
Let’s keep the music coming!!!
Tapas

AMEN !!!!!

t.

#140666 - 07/03/06 05:34 AM Re: The most amazing set up I seen so far.......
cwalkeralso Offline

Loc: State of Washington, US
Hello Tapas

Very impressive, as is your music! Thanks for sharing.

Charles

PS My T2 studio is very basic -- T2/MFC10, Behringer Eurorack MX602A mixer, Behringer Truth B2031A/B2092A monitors and subwoofer. (The mixer's 3-band EQs let me go easily from a "flat reference" to a "sweetened" sound.)

For on-the-road use, I have a basic 100 watt stereo amp and two Jensen 13" Powerstation speaker cabs.

#140667 - 07/03/06 10:02 AM Re: The most amazing set up I seen so far.......
tarkington Offline

Loc: Fontana, CA, USA
I think it's a bit masturbatory to have that much equipment and may be a deterant to his talent fussing over so much gear. You can listen to Bach's "Art of the Fugue" played on kazoos and it's still great music. What about performing music outside in the real world with other musicians?

#140668 - 07/03/06 10:14 AM Re: The most amazing set up I seen so far.......
squeak_D Offline

Loc: West Virginia
GEEZ! What a set up!!!!!! If I had a studio like that my wife would leave me for sure My goodness how could you "not" spend hours at a time in a studio like that? Plus you probably have a hell of a time getting your friends to go home.

Great set up my friend!

Squeak
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.

#140669 - 07/03/06 11:14 AM Re: The most amazing set up I seen so far.......
TwoNuts Offline

Loc: Vancouver, Washington. USA
WOW

Speechless...I would be moneyless also if I had all of that gear. However, I am glad that you are able to have and enjoy it.

Best Regards,

Dennis L. Almond
aka...TwoNuts

Dennis L. Almond
aka...TwoNuts

#140670 - 07/03/06 11:34 AM Re: The most amazing set up I seen so far.......
zuki Offline

Masturbatory?

Studio: Korg PA4X/Yamaha DGX670/Yamaha PSR SX900/Boss BR900CD/Tascam DP24SD/MTM Iloud/Senn 935/K&M stand/Shure SM57/Sony C80 (2)/Blue Encore 300

#140671 - 07/03/06 12:11 PM Re: The most amazing set up I seen so far.......
Dnj Offline

Although not envious for my needs....but rather happy that he is enjoying the love of playing music in anyway or fashion he chooses with whatever gear he needs despite opinions.........I know many people that have much more then what is pictured here & many others who have even more but NEVER even use it.....so what does it all mean?
Hell if I know...

Just Play music everyday!!!!

#140672 - 07/03/06 02:52 PM Re: The most amazing set up I seen so far.......
Scott Langholff Offline

Loc: Pensacola, Florida, USA
We all need our toys

Scott

[This message has been edited by Scott Langholff (edited 07-03-2006).]

#140673 - 07/03/06 04:16 PM Re: The most amazing set up I seen so far.......
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Hi Tapas,
just wondering, do you find it convenient with the Tyros perched on top of the digital piano?? ( Clavinova??) Is it awkward to press the neccesary buttons, or do you have some sort of a pedal that switches thru the variations.
I'd considered placing my sd1 on top of my Clavinova, but then thought it might be awkward.

Only thing you still seem to be missing is the Disklavier Baby Grand. Then you'd be in midi heaven . haa haa

Amazing setup.

best wishes
Rikki

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Tapas:

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#140674 - 07/03/06 04:39 PM Re: The most amazing set up I seen so far.......
renig Offline

Loc: Canada
Outstanding . . . a lucky lad indeed!

After the glowing review, I'm just chomping at the bit to hear a coupla mp3s from Manuel now.

#140675 - 07/03/06 06:39 PM Re: The most amazing set up I seen so far.......
Tapas Offline

Loc: Phoenix, Arizona, USA
Hi Rikki,

The digital piano is a Casio Celviano AL-150R – thanks to Dan O. I do not use its internal sounds or the on-board styles. It merely acts as an 88 note balanced hammered action controller for the Tyros2 that sits on top.

I never have to reach up and touch the Tyros2. You are correct that it would be very awkward if I attempted to play the Tyros2 keys from this position. I have programmed the Tyros2 so that every Registration Change (1 through 8), Synchro, Start, Stop, Variation, Fills, Intros and Endings can be triggered by the notes on the controller.

So basically, I drive the Tyros2 remotely via the digital piano. I was thinking of getting the Yamaha Clavinova CVP-309PE, but then I would have missed out on the Super Articulated Voices on the Tyros2. This way by separating the engine from the controller, I can swap out the Tyros2 for a Tyros3 and still keep the controller.

A Yamaha Disklavier would be the ultimate toy. You are so lucky to have one.

I agree with Tony. It would be ideal to place the Tyros2 in the center of the room facing the big monitors as opposed to facing the wall. I may change my setup.

I hope Manuel posts some MP3 files. The new tracks that he has worked on are spectacular. He let me audition his work in progress.

Thanks to all for your kind words. I am lucky to have an easy day job that allows me to play music from 5pm to Midnight every day.

We have one life to live. So let’s enjoy every day.

Tapas

#140676 - 07/04/06 05:30 PM Re: The most amazing set up I seen so far.......
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Thanks Tapas,
I was wondering how you got around it.
I tend to think a tyros & a digital piano makes for a better choice.
Reason I also bought piano without styles & added a keyboard, I've always found my keyboards easier to sell than my digital piano's when I've decided to upgrade.

Unfortunately I no longer have my Disklavier, had to sell it a few years back when we moved to a smaller home. Didn't have the space for it.

best wishes
Rikki

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Tapas:
[B]Hi Rikki,

I never have to reach up and touch the Tyros2. You are correct that it would be very awkward if I attempted to play the Tyros2 keys from this position. I have programmed the Tyros2 so that every Registration Change (1 through 8), Synchro, Start, Stop, Variation, Fills, Intros and Endings can be triggered by the notes on the controller.

So basically, I drive the Tyros2 remotely via the digital piano. I was thinking of getting the Yamaha Clavinova CVP-309PE, but then I would have missed out on the Super Articulated Voices on the Tyros2. This way by separating the engine from the controller, I can swap out the Tyros2 for a Tyros3 and still keep the controller.

A Yamaha Disklavier would be the ultimate toy. You are so lucky to have one.

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online