SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#140672 - 07/03/06 02:52 PM Re: The most amazing set up I seen so far.......
Scott Langholff Offline

Loc: Pensacola, Florida, USA
We all need our toys

Scott

[This message has been edited by Scott Langholff (edited 07-03-2006).]

#140673 - 07/03/06 04:16 PM Re: The most amazing set up I seen so far.......
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Hi Tapas,
just wondering, do you find it convenient with the Tyros perched on top of the digital piano?? ( Clavinova??) Is it awkward to press the neccesary buttons, or do you have some sort of a pedal that switches thru the variations.
I'd considered placing my sd1 on top of my Clavinova, but then thought it might be awkward.

Only thing you still seem to be missing is the Disklavier Baby Grand. Then you'd be in midi heaven . haa haa

Amazing setup.

best wishes
Rikki

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Tapas:

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#140674 - 07/03/06 04:39 PM Re: The most amazing set up I seen so far.......
renig Offline

Loc: Canada
Outstanding . . . a lucky lad indeed!

After the glowing review, I'm just chomping at the bit to hear a coupla mp3s from Manuel now.

#140675 - 07/03/06 06:39 PM Re: The most amazing set up I seen so far.......
Tapas Offline

Loc: Phoenix, Arizona, USA
Hi Rikki,

The digital piano is a Casio Celviano AL-150R – thanks to Dan O. I do not use its internal sounds or the on-board styles. It merely acts as an 88 note balanced hammered action controller for the Tyros2 that sits on top.

I never have to reach up and touch the Tyros2. You are correct that it would be very awkward if I attempted to play the Tyros2 keys from this position. I have programmed the Tyros2 so that every Registration Change (1 through 8), Synchro, Start, Stop, Variation, Fills, Intros and Endings can be triggered by the notes on the controller.

So basically, I drive the Tyros2 remotely via the digital piano. I was thinking of getting the Yamaha Clavinova CVP-309PE, but then I would have missed out on the Super Articulated Voices on the Tyros2. This way by separating the engine from the controller, I can swap out the Tyros2 for a Tyros3 and still keep the controller.

A Yamaha Disklavier would be the ultimate toy. You are so lucky to have one.

I agree with Tony. It would be ideal to place the Tyros2 in the center of the room facing the big monitors as opposed to facing the wall. I may change my setup.

I hope Manuel posts some MP3 files. The new tracks that he has worked on are spectacular. He let me audition his work in progress.

Thanks to all for your kind words. I am lucky to have an easy day job that allows me to play music from 5pm to Midnight every day.

We have one life to live. So let’s enjoy every day.

Tapas

#140676 - 07/04/06 05:30 PM Re: The most amazing set up I seen so far.......
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Thanks Tapas,
I was wondering how you got around it.
I tend to think a tyros & a digital piano makes for a better choice.
Reason I also bought piano without styles & added a keyboard, I've always found my keyboards easier to sell than my digital piano's when I've decided to upgrade.

Unfortunately I no longer have my Disklavier, had to sell it a few years back when we moved to a smaller home. Didn't have the space for it.

best wishes
Rikki

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Tapas:
[B]Hi Rikki,

I never have to reach up and touch the Tyros2. You are correct that it would be very awkward if I attempted to play the Tyros2 keys from this position. I have programmed the Tyros2 so that every Registration Change (1 through 8), Synchro, Start, Stop, Variation, Fills, Intros and Endings can be triggered by the notes on the controller.

So basically, I drive the Tyros2 remotely via the digital piano. I was thinking of getting the Yamaha Clavinova CVP-309PE, but then I would have missed out on the Super Articulated Voices on the Tyros2. This way by separating the engine from the controller, I can swap out the Tyros2 for a Tyros3 and still keep the controller.

A Yamaha Disklavier would be the ultimate toy. You are so lucky to have one.

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online