SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#140500 - 07/28/02 11:34 AM Re: Tact switch problem on PSR2000
MacAllcock Offline

Loc: Preston, Lancashire, England
I've had mine for a couple of months with no problems. Prior to that I had a PSR630. My main keyboard is still an Ensoniq SD1 and prior to the 630 I was using an Esoniq ESQ1 and before that a Casio CZ101!

And I think they've all got membrane style switch systems and I've never had a problem.

Maybe I'm light-fingered. Maybe I'm lucky! What I'm not doing is playing professionally 7 nights a week so perhaps thats the real reason I've survived until now.

Just don't talk to me about the broken pause button on the video remote control - OK?

(Note: The memory's had a glitch. On further contemplation, the Ensoniqs may have very small low-profile tactile switches beneath the buttons!)

[This message has been edited by MacAllcock (edited 07-29-2002).]

[This message has been edited by MacAllcock (edited 07-29-2002).]

#140501 - 07/28/02 11:57 AM Re: Tact switch problem on PSR2000
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Quote:
Originally posted by Beakybird:
I noticed that sometimes (about 10% of the time) when I tap the button, sometimes, it doesn't get depressed. Whenever I depress the button, it always works. I have noticed this with the other buttons. I think that since I'm worried about the keyboard failing on me, I might be tapping the buttons extra light so that they won't fail on me again.

I too press the style control buttons (A,B,C,D,ending) 'a lot' for each song' when performing, and never have had a single problem (other than occasionally pressing the wrong one unintentially thru my own error. I suspect that there may have just been a (small?) batch of PSR2000's released which unfortunately had a deffective arranger button 'support' section (Uncle Dave) and/or bad membrane contacts (Beakybird).

Both DonM and I give our 2000's a pretty decent workout on a regular basis, so I'm wondering now if the problems reported by Uncle Dave & Beakybird are more flukes, or if it's really a sign of a serious PSR2000 design flaw?

Scott

#140502 - 07/28/02 02:33 PM Re: Tact switch problem on PSR2000
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
My guess is that some of us are demanding too much of the flimsy construction, that's all. Scott and Don probably have a "magic" touch. I tend to "dig in" alot.

#140503 - 07/29/02 07:42 AM Re: Tact switch problem on PSR2000
Zack Offline

I gotta agree with the whole flimsy construction thing, but i think for us gentle handlers out there, it'll be fine. but what i think yamaha really messed up on was that they made the selected button light red and the others green. the prob is that im somewhat colorblind!!! so i cant tell which variation main im on, or what registration im using!! its made for some pretty embarrasing moments at gigs when i would hit the wrong registration and suddenly you would hear a sweet flute in the middle of a hard rock song. just doesn't go!! :-) anyway. but i also gotta agree with all the other points, being that its an awesome keyboard for the price, and i got a two year warranty, so what the heck. :-) Zack

#140504 - 07/29/02 10:49 AM Re: Tact switch problem on PSR2000
Beakybird Offline

I compared the just repaired PSR2000 to the brand new one, and there isn't a problem. On both, the button won't respond if it is tapped too lightly. Sometimes, when I peck the button, it won't respond on both keyboards, but when the buttons are pressed they always work.

So, basically, I have had two PSR2000s with the same problem. After several months of playing, the tact switches in the Style Control section start to fail. Thank God for warranties.

I will be returning the brand new PSR2000 this week.

Beakybird

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online