SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#140471 - 02/24/02 08:45 AM Re: Here What I Just Sent To Yamaha
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
You're right. There ARE plenty of good sounding kb's out there, but you're mad now, and you are speaking out of frustration. You know you'd rather have a fully functional 2000 than what else is out there, right?
I'll be the first to change if a better choice comes along, but till then ... I must repeat: There is NO better unit for the price in this size/weight/sound class. None.
Don't get legal with a monster company like Yamaha - you'll just waste your time, and money.
C'mon, Don - you KNOW you are a Yamaha fan. Give it time to correct itself. Of the 20,000 or so 2ks in use, THIS forum probably have the most complaints! That's because we explore the inner uses more ! Yamaha has sold thousands of these, and only recieved a handfull of complaints - give it time to sink in. They'll fix it. If it doesn't happen by the time that a new KB is ready to replace it, then they loose! But till then, they still have a gangbuster product that has NO competition at the moment. It's no wonder they are dragging their feet to modify it. What's that saying .......
"50 million Elvis fans can't be wrong?"
( Who said that, anyway - Adam Sandler? )

#140472 - 02/25/02 01:05 AM Re: Here What I Just Sent To Yamaha
JonPro Offline

Loc: Sydney, Australia
Hey guys,
We are all hurting because of what has gone on with the 2000, particularly if we are Yami k/b owners. I for one feel for you guys who have been duped buying a 2000. I do not know which is worse, the initial mis-representation of Yamaha with the upgradeable O/S statements, or their perceived arrogance and lack of positive action to rectify the problem and keep their customers happy. I feel for you Don and I admire your positive faith Dave. I guess that Scottyee has the attitude that works - you know "always look on the bright side of ......"(there's that song again!). At the end of the day, yes, admirers do want the same k/b as what they hear you so well perform with, but....only up to a point. Who needs to be put through the heaps of on-going stress when dealing with the big corp. just when you need them most. Not having any customer service response - let alone having the frustration and dismay, having paid your money only to find that what you have got is not what you thought you were buying. It boils down to the future relationship - of being able to trust your supplier (dare I say business partner)in good faith.
I guess Scottyee, you have the attitude to save us all from total dispair. Now all we need is for Yamaha to show us all a little grace, as they have just done in another matter, and maybe we can all start to feel a little more positive about Yamaha in the future.
Jon.

#140473 - 02/25/02 12:00 PM Re: Here What I Just Sent To Yamaha
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Dave from Yamaha just called me. He was quite nice and apologetic, but the bottom line is, Yamaha USA, or at least the tech support guys, do not have a clue what is going on.
They have not received chips, or upgrades of any sort, and do not have tech manual updates.
Dave thought the harmonizer problem was included in the update, but he doesn't seem to be certain.
DonM

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online