SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#14045 - 02/12/00 12:47 PM ZR76 Troubleshooting
Anonymous
Unregistered

Recently I've noticed an unusual behavoir in my ZR76 keyboard. Some of the sounds, such as Suitcase EP, P-Bass, and Switch Pop 1, produce a background ticking noise. This noise sometimes pans back and forth. I've tried reinitiallizing the keyboard, but that didn't solve the problem. The internal effects don't cause the problem either because when I bypass the effects, the background noise still occurrs. The connections don't cause the problem, the ticking is noticable through headphones and an amplifier. I contacted Ensoniq Tech support, but they weren't of much help. Has anyone experienced, or heard of, this type of problem with the ZR76 Keyboard? Any suggestions are appreciated. Thank you.

#14046 - 02/13/00 05:28 PM Re: ZR76 Troubleshooting
buinu Offline

Loc: Atlanta, GA USA
While I can't give you a direct answer (or even a clue) I can offer a suggestion that may help. Since only a few patches are affected you may want to look and see if there is anything these patches have in common. I know older Ensoniqs had a modulation source for the LFOs called "noise" and, while it was not actually noise in the very sence of the term, it did produce some unusual effects. Just a thought.

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online