SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#140355 - 11/24/05 07:58 PM Tyros II Stand & Speakers
Joe Waters Offline

Loc: Sterling, VA USA
The Tyros II stand "designed specifically for the Tyros" is relatively expensive compared to other available keyboard stands. What are the advantages, if any, to ordering the Yamaha Tyros II stand (L-7) compared to other stands?

How about the Tyros II speakers? Have new owners ordered these speakers and are you happy with them???

#140356 - 11/25/05 05:09 AM Re: Tyros II Stand & Speakers
svpworld Offline

Loc: UK
Wow Joe, thinking of a Tyros 2?

I did have the L7 stand, the main advantages are that (a) you can place the sub below the tyros and central, (b) it looks nicer than a X stand in the living room!
The disadvantage for me is that it is awkward to transport, and that you cannot adjust the height. Hence I eventually sold it for a double braced X-stand.

As for the speakers (TRS-MS02), my Tyros 2 came with them else I probably would not have bothered. Personally they are not that good, sufficient for monitoring but they do not do justice to the quality of the sound on T2. Generally they lack presence, warmth and depth... but they are convenient. For the price you could purchase an excellent pair of speakers and a stereo amp, or a really good set of multimedia powered speakers... or just connect it to your stereo system!

Simon

------------------

forum.svpworld.com - No adverts, No spam, No nonsense!
share your music, get help and advice, make new friends! All platforms invited!!

[This message has been edited by svpworld (edited 11-25-2005).]

#140357 - 11/25/05 07:05 AM Re: Tyros II Stand & Speakers
loungelyzard Offline

Loc: North Eastern Calif.
Concur with Simon:

Might add, The stand dos'nt move its rock solid, and very secure, plus you can get mfc-10 + vol + 2 peds under it if wanted. It dos'nt break down for moving, its bolted together. I move it in one piece no problem, but it takes a Van or SUV, or pickup. Guessing the weight is 25 lbs....Pose

#140358 - 11/25/05 09:12 AM Re: Tyros II Stand & Speakers
seaside Offline

Loc: United Kingdom
The L7 stand is not height adjustable, therefore useless for short people like myself, unless you play standing-seaside

#140359 - 11/25/05 10:58 AM Re: Tyros II Stand & Speakers
PraiseTheLord Offline

Loc: N Fort Myers, FL, USA
Simon is spot on! Looks are great! Also it is very stable, which is a big plus to me!

#140360 - 11/25/05 08:11 PM Re: Tyros II Stand & Speakers
Joe Waters Offline

I normally keep my keyboard on a very solid desktop. The stand is only used when I go on a trip and want to take my keyboard along, so portability, i.e. easy to collapse, is important. Also important is the ability to adjust the height to what I find comfortable. The Tyros stand strikes out on both these points so I will pass on it.

#140361 - 11/26/05 06:25 AM Re: Tyros II Stand & Speakers
Riceroni9 Offline

Loc: TX, USA
Joe:

I'm still using the PSR-2000 I acquired from Hackworth. It originally had an X stand which constantly got in my way. I found a neat little 4 legged stand at a local music shop. Folding legs, adjustable for width and height. Made offshore (probably China) but nice quality. Does not have a tag or label but cost around $40.00 I have been very happy with it and it is very portable although I don't move my keyboard often.

I recommend you perform a Google search cause there are lots of options available.

All my best,

Rice (The Lone Arranger)

#140362 - 11/26/05 06:38 AM Re: Tyros II Stand & Speakers
Tony Rome Offline

Loc: Cozumel Mexico
Joe...as Rice said, the 4 legged folding stand by ON STAGE STANDS, good quatity I bought on Musicians friend 6 mo ago for my Tyros and it's great... http://www.musiciansfriend.com/srs7/g=key/search/detail/base_pid/450384/
TR

#140363 - 11/26/05 10:46 AM Re: Tyros II Stand & Speakers
Joe Waters Offline

Thanks Tony and Rice. I took your advice, followed the link and ordered one. It looks like that ought to suit my needs just fine.

#140364 - 11/26/05 11:25 AM Re: Tyros II Stand & Speakers
Tony Rome Offline

Loc: Cozumel Mexico
Joe...I think you done good....my Tyros fits very nicely on it and it's very sturdy
and adjusts well into the comfort zone...
TR

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online