SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#140340 - 05/20/03 01:37 PM My studio set up
KN_Fan Offline

I finally have my picture...thanks to Scott who graciously helped attaching it to his link.

Now that I have my digital camera I can keep you guys informed on my future updates

#140341 - 05/20/03 06:54 PM Re: My studio set up
travlin'easy Online   happy

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Unfortunately, there is no photo with the post.

Cheers,

Gary

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#140342 - 05/20/03 07:09 PM Re: My studio set up
KN_Fan Offline

Hi Gary,
It's under that "Low budget Studio (OT)" thread....

#140343 - 05/20/03 08:28 PM Re: My studio set up
travlin'easy Online   happy

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
thanks,

I checked it out and it really looks good. Some of the guys on this forum have more tied up in recording than some of us who play professionally. There are some incredible set-ups on the post.

Lookin' Good Mon'

Gary

[This message has been edited by travlin'easy (edited 05-21-2003).]

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#140344 - 05/21/03 08:20 AM Re: My studio set up
harosha Offline

Loc: Chicago, IL, USA
Looks good! I just did a complete make over to my studio setup. I will post pictures as soon as I get my new digital camera (I sold my old one on ebay)

#140345 - 05/21/03 01:03 PM Re: My studio set up
KN_Fan Offline

Harosha,
Now that you've seen my set up...you'll have a better picture of what I was trying to do. I was planning on just installing the auralex behind the whole desk/speakers area. Would that be a waste of money?

#140346 - 05/21/03 01:48 PM Re: My studio set up
harosha Offline

Loc: Chicago, IL, USA
If I remember correctly the problem you were trying to fix was boominess from bass wasn't it? If that is the case you will need auralex bass traps. These are triangular foam pieces that go in the corners of the room. I would start with bass traps to get clear bass monitoring and then move on to the acoustic panels to treat the wall behind the speakers.

I just bought the Auralex Max-Wall 420 system. Is is awesome, kind of pricy, but it is movable, fits on stands. I didn't have to glue or nail anything to the wall and it looks very nice too (may be not nice enough for a living room though)

If you look at the panels that show on my studio pictures, I used large framed cork bulletin boards, glued the foam on the back of these boards. This way, I didn't have to glue or nail the foam directly to the walls. I then just put up these boards on the wall using one nail. I am sure cork board it self also has sound absorption qualities, not sure by how much, but those boards also helped. I will be using them in my vocals booth that I am currently working on.

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online