SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#140064 - 12/14/03 12:30 AM Mass for the dead
beachbum Offline

Loc: Austin
I buddy of mine I've know since he was 16 laid down on the railroad tracks 2 weeks ago and died. I went to the funeral... His twin brother is my best friend... And I couldn't help through the whole time that I did not give something of myself. Of course, I spoke... It did not seem to be enough... I wrote or I'm writing a piece that I would have wanted to be played at that time... http://chipos.com/beachbum/Mass.mp3

Oh one thing this has given me is no matter how bad I suck at playing or singing.. It doesn't matter (by the way he was 38) (quote from a play I wrote when I was 18 and may have had more wisdom then) In the end people that remember you will be gone, followed by the people that knew they guy that knew you, and so on, until no one knows and everyone is gone who knew.)
DJ

[This message has been edited by beachbum (edited 12-14-2003).]

#140065 - 12/14/03 06:10 AM Re: Mass for the dead
trtjazz Offline

DJ,
Very dramatic cut and some of the better technique and mix I've heard you do. Nice tribute.
Terry

------------------
jam on,
Terry http://imjazzed.homestead.com/Index.html

#140066 - 12/14/03 07:43 AM Re: Mass for the dead
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Really, really nice work. Sorry about the inspriation that prompted it, but your new tribute will last forever and those haunting melodies will carry on where your frind no longer can. Catharsis(sp?) is good for the soul.

#140067 - 12/14/03 07:44 AM Re: Mass for the dead
kbrkr Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
DJ

I feel your pain.

This has been a very sad year indeed. I lost my mom this year, a few people on this board also lost loved ones. Think of all the prominent people we've lost.

This is a very moving piece!

Let's all take time to reflect and remember all those who are gone and also those who are still with us. Let's make sure we take those who ARE important to us and hug and kiss them and let them know how important they really are. Maybe doing this can let the spirit endure....

Al

[This message has been edited by kbrkr (edited 12-14-2003).]

[This message has been edited by kbrkr (edited 12-14-2003).]

Pa4x - LD Systems Maui 28 - Mackie Thumps

#140068 - 12/14/03 09:43 AM Re: Mass for the dead
Bluezplayer Offline

Loc: Catskill Mountains, NY
Very good work DJ. I think dramatic events or intense feelings, whether they be happy or sad, can sometimes inspire the best work in a songwriter / musician. I know for me, music is often the best way in which I can bring what's inside of me out. Your work here seems to do just that.

Touching on what Dave said, well done, in spite of the unfortunate circumstances that inspired you to create it.

AJ

#140069 - 12/14/03 11:10 AM Re: Mass for the dead
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
DJ Beachbum. I'm struck how, even though the tragic circumstances surrounding your lastest work is different than with your other songs, that a painfully raw yet heartfelt mood eminates through all of them, making them easily recongizable as uniquely yours . . . a sign of true artistic expression. Keep up the good work. - Scott

#140070 - 12/14/03 07:34 PM Re: Mass for the dead
beachbum Offline

Loc: Austin
Thanks
Terry, Dave, Al, AJ, Scott
for the listen and kind words... I think this work helped me deal with it all and stamp it with remembrance...

Thanks again,
DJ

Scott:
I think my next CD I'll try to make happy tunes... However, when faced in front of the keyboard it tends to go south...
Maybe I'm just not built that way.

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online