SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#140001 - 11/12/01 12:34 AM Re: Even I can't believe this: I just bought a Yamaha PSR2000 !
Sander Offline

Loc: Hoogeveen, Drenthe, The Nether...
Scott,

Congratulations on your new keyboard, I hope you'll like to spend the years to come with the board. I am really curious how it sounds when you play it, so please record some songs and share them with us. (I know Scott.. I also had to do some! )

Sander
The Netherlands

#140002 - 11/12/01 02:27 AM Re: Even I can't believe this: I just bought a Yamaha PSR2000 !
Vic01 Offline

Loc: Madison, Wisconsin USA
Congratulations on the psr2000 Scott. I'm really glad it recognizes the rootless chords you need. When you get the chance please let us know how the vocal harmony sounds and also the compressor/limiter on the mic input. The compressor/limiter feature has really peaked my interest in this kb.

#140003 - 11/12/01 03:13 AM Re: Even I can't believe this: I just bought a Yamaha PSR2000 !
cam8neel Offline

Loc: Providence, RI USA
Scott,

Congrats! I just got mine a week ago, and am also blown away by its ease of use and tremendously realistic sounds and styles. Many keyboardists continuously judge this specific keyboard by its lack of pricy-ness (is that a word??) and non-pianolike feel. I have been playing synths for about 20 years now and, since their inception, synths play & feel like synths! Doubters should just listen to this awesome keyboard to fully appreciate its awesomeness!! (that IS a word!!)

Angelo

[This message has been edited by cam8neel (edited 11-12-2001).]

#140004 - 11/12/01 07:19 AM Re: Even I can't believe this: I just bought a Yamaha PSR2000 !
Gunnar Jonny Offline

Loc: Norway
Scott, how about HD and HD Manager for that
one?
are there any such stuff?
Looking forward to your second opinion after
some time of use.
Also about the connection/cooperate between the
(connected?) "babies"
GJ
"Success is not counted by how high you have climbed
but by how many you brought with you." (Wil Rose)

#140005 - 11/12/01 10:43 AM Re: Even I can't believe this: I just bought a Yamaha PSR2000 !
dlstarry Offline

Loc: MN. U.S.A.
Hey Scott
Congrats on the board, I hope you enjoy it
as much as I do the PRO. Can't wait to hear
your next update on your thoughts of the new
baby !!!!!!!!
Maybe I will have to get one also LOL !!!!!!
I will have to see what you think of it
after you play it for awhile.
Enjoying the 9000 PRO
Denny

#140006 - 11/12/01 11:05 AM Re: Even I can't believe this: I just bought a Yamaha PSR2000 !
Eric, B Offline

Loc: Ventura, Ca, USA
Hi Scott,
welcome to the Yammi club...
I downloaded the 2000 styles from the net into my pro and share the same wow effect with you. In turn you can download the Pro styles on e-groups for your 2000 to give you more variety, plus the CVP-209 styles, plus hundreds more....
I'm glad that you finally found something, that might work for you.
Eric

#140007 - 11/12/01 04:45 PM Re: Even I can't believe this: I just bought a Yamaha PSR2000 !
Bluezplayer Offline

Loc: Catskill Mountains, NY
I just brought mine home a few hrs ago and I am also pleasantly surprised at the 2000s sounds and functions. It seems to be a nice upgrade over my 740 especially in the features dept, but also it seems to sound a bit better too. It gives me functions that I either did not have at all in the PSR740, or had to access via external xg editing software. Gonna be a nice board to bring to a gig, easier to navigate and play in real time than my PA80 I think, but it seems that it will also be pretty good for composing stuff on as well. The 740 was kind of sitting and getting very little use at home or in the studio while I mostly played my PA80, but I think the 2000 will share a good bit of playing time with the PA80 now. having purchased 3 different boards this year..it's time to give myself and my wallet a rest now and enjoy and use the boards I have..lol. I'll critique it more after spending some time with it.

AJ

#140008 - 11/12/01 04:51 PM Re: Even I can't believe this: I just bought a Yamaha PSR2000 !
TomTomSF Offline

Loc: Half Moon Bay, CA, USA
Hi Scott
Nice to talk to you this morning and I hope you had the day to play your heart out on your new 2000. I'll be surprised if you don't fall in love with it!
Tom
PS: Remember to hit that record mode and email me a MIDI of some plaintiff, soulful tune you play! Or an upbeat number!

#140009 - 11/12/01 05:17 PM Re: Even I can't believe this: I just bought a Yamaha PSR2000 !
brickboo Offline

Loc: Fruita, Colorado, USA
Scott,

I hate to ask this but I have to. I notice when singing I don't pay half as much attention to the monotonous 4 bar loop rhythms on the arrangers.

However when I sequence something to play my sax, especially the up-tempo stuff that last 3 or more choruses they get very boring.

Can you tell if most styles are 4 bar loops. On the i30 there are small squares that show how many bars are in a particular style at the top of the screen. All you have to do is count them. Can you tell easily like this on the 2000? Or do you have to listen to tell.
thanks,
Boo

#140010 - 11/12/01 05:35 PM Re: Even I can't believe this: I just bought a Yamaha PSR2000 !
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Hi Boo,
Odd coincidence--I just sent you an email.
Most of the onboard styles are still 4-bar. Some are longer. I think by now all of the Korg Styles (along with most other brands) have been converted and are freely available on Yamaha Styles Group. The 2000 will play styles directly from disk in just a couple of seconds. You can call up a new one while current style is playing. There is built-in User memory for quite a few styles also.
When you visited me, you heard the 9000. The 2000 sounds much the same, although it does have some new styles, and the pre-set e.q.s sound more "alive" to me.
Don

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online