SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#139813 - 02/08/03 09:47 AM Help!! File conversions
Richard Peck Offline

Loc: Tucson, AZ USA
I'm trying to convert my 9000pro files to play on my new Tyros. I seem to be able to make the conversion but can't get the Tyros to recognize the new files. If anyone can give me some words of advice I would really appreciate them. Please email me or send me a telephone number where I can call you. The cost of the call I'm sure will be cheaper than a trip to the looney bin, which is where I'm heading if I can't figure this out!

Thank you.

#139814 - 02/10/03 04:33 AM Re: Help!! File conversions
veneman Offline

Loc: Mierlo, the Netherlands
Fichard,

You don't tell what kind of files you try to convert.
Standard (XG or GM) Midi files normally play fine, but you may want to tune voice/volumes.

On some keyboards (I'm not sure on PSR9000) you can record your performance into midi files that contain also style commands. This likely does not work well.

Yamaha delivers a File conversion tool with the TYROS (and on their WEB site) to convert styles and registrations to TYROS format.
Also her revoicing/tuning might be very usefull, normally with 9000 styles, bass and drums sounds little to hard on TYROS.
Check file extensions should match TYROS standard.
The 9000 OTS files cannot be read/converted/used on the TYROS as far as I know.

An exellent program to revoice and tune your midi and stylefiles for TYROS, even attach OTS into the Stylefile is MIDIPLAYER from Michael Bedesem. http://www.svpworld.com/psr_software.htm#stylemanager

#139815 - 02/10/03 07:40 AM Re: Help!! File conversions
Richard Peck Offline

Loc: Tucson, AZ USA
Thanks for your input. What I'm attempting to do is convert panel settings I put together for my 9000Pro. I had about 150 settings on my hard drive which I saved to convert to Tyros files. I start out with a Pro file from the save with a .usr extension. When I run the files through the converter I get a bunch of files with .rgt extensions. Somewhere along the line I'm doing something wrong. Finding what is the problem.

Thanks again for you help.

Richard

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online