SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#139696 - 01/27/03 07:45 AM Re: Two keyboard setup
BEBOP Offline

Loc: San Jose, California
In the studio I have a triple rack with the Yamaha PSR9000 on the bottom. It has a hard drive, a CDR and 64 Mgs of Sample Ram. The middle rack holds a KN6000, (never could get a hard drive to work in it). The top rack has an Ensoniq Sampler, EPS 16 plus Turbo. There are other keyboards and modules that are midied through a MX8.
The only problem is a music rack can only go on the top keyboard or a free standing to the side.
I use a single rack with a keyboard and the music holder when I need to get real serious
Bebop

#139697 - 02/04/03 07:36 AM Re: Two keyboard setup
Mainer Offline

Loc: Saco, Me
Thanks for all the feed back every one. I have found a used Kurzweil 2600 S that I think will fit the bill nicely. I've done more thinking and will probably sell/swap My PSR 2000 for a used 9000 or 9000 pro. I just hate swapping floppies and the hard drive is the way to go for me. Will probably wait till I get back from vacation and a visit to Kayes music while I'm on Vacation in California.

Jerry Riddle

#139698 - 02/04/03 01:49 PM Re: Two keyboard setup
Leon Offline

Loc: British Columbia
I'm using my T3 and SP100 for solo gigs.
Works for me. In conjunction with an R8. http://www.angelfire.com/rock3/fastforward/PhotoPage1.html

#139699 - 02/04/03 05:20 PM Re: Two keyboard setup
Bluezplayer Offline

Loc: Catskill Mountains, NY
PA80 and Motif here. PA80 takes top billing for the occasional live performance, with the Motif and midifiles along for the ride as a backup and also used because of it's excellent acoustic and electric piano. When playing in the studio or composing, Motif is at the forefront with the PA0 along for some of it's acoustic sounds and styles. Add to that softsynths and samplers for a setup that pleases me quite a bit.

I like having one arranger and one non arranger as my main setup. I also am happy to have different brands between the two, as it allows for two different sound / sample sets.

I could easily exchange the PA80 for the Tyros, but in keeping with my two different brands theory, I might also opt for a Roland synth / workstation or a K2600 instead of the Triton ( although I like the latter just fine too ).

AJ

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online