SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#139531 - 02/09/04 12:33 PM Re: The Grammy Awards opinions...?
Leon Offline

Loc: British Columbia
Similar sentiments to all previous posts.
I thought the Prince medley was very cool, veryy well done, but oooooh, whatta a cruel way to treat a Telecaster (did you see him toss it aside?)
What ticked me of most was at the beginning preamble when they're announcing who's gonna be there and who's doing what, they mentioned Timothy B. Schmitt and Emmilou Harris, so I figured okay that's worth watching. All I saw of them was a quick pan past the camera during the Warren Zevon tribute. Scammed again!!
On the up side, at least there wasn't 3 hours of rap.

#139532 - 02/09/04 01:21 PM Re: The Grammy Awards opinions...?
captain Russ Online   content

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
T...Yea, it was that bad!

Russ

#139533 - 02/09/04 06:15 PM Re: The Grammy Awards opinions...?
tom moon Offline

Loc: Haddonfield, NJ, USA
actually dug Timberlake on the Rhodes. and that he was playing one, with some smidge of originality, at all. also loved seeing Robert Randolph, the slide guitarist from the House of God church around Maplewood, NJ, tearing it up. band just snappin' behind him.

#139534 - 02/09/04 09:46 PM Re: The Grammy Awards opinions...?
TERRYC Offline

Loc: St, Petersburg. Florida. u.s.a
High points for me.Martina Mcbride.Earth Wind and Fire.Professionalism of Celine Dion under extreme circumstance.BTW She is french Canadian and has always sung with a bit of an accent.And I was pleasantly surprised by the the perfomance of Justin Timberlake.He has very good pitch control, a good range,and I kinda liked the feel of the song.Christine Aquilera,has a marvellous voice,and I liked the opener with Prince and Beyonce.The sound techs at CBS should be ashamed of themselves,I thought their performance overall was sub par.

#139535 - 02/09/04 10:34 PM Re: The Grammy Awards opinions...?
keybplayer Offline

Loc: CA
When they announced a few days before the show that it was going to basically be a Hip-Hop/Rap event with the Rappers taking most of the awards I suddenly lost my appetite for the Grammy Awards telecast. I didn't watch any of it. And from the sounds of it, by many of those here on the Forum who did watch it, I reckon I didn't miss much.

Best regards,
Mike

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online