SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#139494 - 08/30/07 03:54 PM New gadget....Zoom H2
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Nothing earthshattering, I just love gadgets. I know that some of you (Diki, Don Mason, Scott Yee?) have H4's and have been very positive about them. I decided to hold out for a H2, because it exactly fits my needs (whatever they are ), is 100.00 cheaper than the H4, and supposedly incorporates some improvements to the mics and converter circuitry.

I just got it this evening so have only made a test recording. The sound quality is quite good played back through the studio system. The recording was done at 44.1/24bit, which is what I generally use in the studio, but will record at higher rates. I wanted something cheap to use as a field recorder since I live in a "nature rich" environment, and wanted to capture the sounds of some of the wildlife and water birds on our property. I plan to use it to record gigs as well (I'm still waiting on my Nord C1, PK7 pedals, and Traynor K4 amp). I don't plan to use any other keyboards for gigging but we'll play that by ear (pun). I'd like a piano voice but not enough to hook up a second keyboard (especially with a two-manual). Maybe a module but I doubt it. We'll see.

Okay, off to read the manual (might be a first for me).

chas

#139495 - 08/30/07 04:41 PM Re: New gadget....Zoom H2
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA
Chas, I have the H4, it's a cool and handy device. Just checked out the H2 on line, I think the form factor of the H2 is better than the H4. Navigation although not difficult on the H4 is not the greatest. Let us know how you like using the H2.

#139496 - 08/30/07 05:08 PM Re: New gadget....Zoom H2
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Chas: yeah . . . . Zoom H2 definitely rocks! My cousin owns one and loves his. He said he auditioned both the H4 & H2, but found the H2 much easier (more user friendly) to operate. In addition, the H2's new form factor & (if true) better(?) mic/circuitry + lower price really make this a real sweet deal. Unfortunately, for now, this baby still remains in my 'wish list' column.

Congratulations Chas. You now have no excuse to finally let us hear some music recorded by you on your new Zoom H2. - Scott

[This message has been edited by Scottyee (edited 08-30-2007).]

#139497 - 08/30/07 06:58 PM Re: New gadget....Zoom H2
cgiles Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Scottyee:

Congratulations Chas. You now have no excuse to finally let us hear some music recorded by you on your new Zoom H2. - Scott

Thanks Scott, but I already had a pretty substantial studio. I just don't have an inclination to post a tune on this board. Perhaps, if she desires it, i'll post something with this young lady (Jos Stone clone) I've been working with (on her demos).

I don't know when your cousin got his but I think this is a reissue of the original after taking it out of production a few months for some minor bug fixes and upgrades.

chas

#139498 - 08/30/07 08:22 PM Re: New gadget....Zoom H2
mikey_maestro Offline

Loc: San Tan Valley, AZ
how much do they run in price?

#139499 - 08/31/07 03:45 AM Re: New gadget....Zoom H2
cgiles Offline

$199.00 at most of the major stores. They're just starting to show up in stores again. Great bang for the buck when you compare it to the competition. Comes with lots of accessories.

chas

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online