SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#139088 - 09/26/02 02:35 PM Mic stand attached to keyboard/stand ?
lukitoh Offline

Loc: Hayward, CA, USA
Does such product exists ?

Let me clarify what I need here. It is a stand for holding the microphone. I need something small/light and possibly attached to the stand or the keyboard itself. I saw this before if not mistaken, probably from Scott Yee pictures. Of course, there are those big boom stand that's not portable and also heavy.

If so, where can I find it and cost ?

Thanks, guys.

#139089 - 09/26/02 02:39 PM Re: Mic stand attached to keyboard/stand ?
lukitoh Offline

My keyboard stand is one of those standard cheap X style.

#139090 - 09/26/02 02:41 PM Re: Mic stand attached to keyboard/stand ?
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Quick Lock makes an attachment for most X stands, it sells for around $25..

#139091 - 09/26/02 03:48 PM Re: Mic stand attached to keyboard/stand ?
lukitoh Offline

Thanks, Fran. Yes, Quiklok QLX-4 is the model number and Kraft Music has it for that price plus shipping (around $10)

I will try Guiitar Center next, now that I know the model number.

-Han

#139092 - 09/26/02 06:17 PM Re: Mic stand attached to keyboard/stand ?
Scott Langholff Offline

Loc: Pensacola, Florida, USA
Hello

I have been considering something like this too. Either getting a manufactured one or going to Home Depot and devising one myself.

BUT..since I have not seen one "in action", I'm wondering if it will giggle around so much as to be distracting. I am thinking it might be possible that the keboard stand will wiggle and this wiggle may really become even a much greater wiggle with the boom stand.

Does anyone have first hand experience with this boom stand that could say it works great or stay away from it?

Thanx

Scott Langholff

#139093 - 09/26/02 06:22 PM Re: Mic stand attached to keyboard/stand ?
Scott Langholff Offline

Loc: Pensacola, Florida, USA
I also have a cheap X stand. And wonder about the Quiklok fitting ok. One more thought: what about this working loose in performance and falling over sideways with it hitting me, the keyboard, and/or the floor.

I wish they had one in a local store and then I wouldn't have to ask all these silly questions.

Thanx

Scott Langholff

#139094 - 09/26/02 07:44 PM Re: Mic stand attached to keyboard/stand ?
lukitoh Offline

Guitar Center carries it (see the model number above) and will match the web prices from kraftmusic. I just called them. Thanks to Fran for giving me the brand name. If you don't like it, just return it within 30 days. Guitar Center is great, man !!

Here is the link http://www.kraftmusic.com/catalog/accessories/keyboardstandaddons/index.asp?product=825

#139095 - 09/26/02 08:21 PM Re: Mic stand attached to keyboard/stand ?
Mosiqaar Offline

Loc: Atlanta, GA, USA
If I understand you correctly then the ULTIMATE stand does a very nice job at that. I have one and I use it all the time. The mic stand comes off of the Bracket that holds the keyboard tears. You can find those at any music store pretty much.

#139096 - 09/26/02 09:40 PM Re: Mic stand attached to keyboard/stand ?
Dnj Offline

Quik Lok makes 2 sizes on the mic boom attachment....28mm and 30mm depending on the size and model of the TUBING on your X Stand....make sure you get the right one.

#139097 - 09/26/02 10:30 PM Re: Mic stand attached to keyboard/stand ?
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
The Quiklok is great - solid and stable. Make sure the KB stand is also solid, or the wobble will increase with the extra extention of the boom and mic weight. You also may get noise transfered to the mic from stand rattle or kb banging .... depending on how hard to play.

I use two of those attachments .. one for the mic and the other for my laptop stand. I had a custom made bracket fitted for the laptop part. It uses standard USS tubing to attach. Works SOOOO great.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online