SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#139001 - 10/24/03 11:21 AM Fruity Loops and arrangers
New Yorker Offline

Loc: St. Petersburg, Russia
Since drums are still not good on any arranger, plus no arp, I've decided to go with Fruity Loops (awesome drums and arp + more) together with arranger.

Has anyone in this forum tried FL to work with arranger? I am not familiar with how to sync drums on FL with AC-1-6 on arranger together. Anyone? Thanks

#139002 - 10/24/03 11:34 AM Re: Fruity Loops and arrangers
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
You say drums are still not good on any arrangers...Roland VA 7 and 76, G1000..as well as Ketron SD1 are as good as they get..you will not find better drums..

#139003 - 10/24/03 12:24 PM Re: Fruity Loops and arrangers
New Yorker Offline

No, what I am saying is that all arrangers have limited drum sounds, poor feature for drum looping and you can not add drum sounds as easily and as much as with Fruity Loops or any pro drum machine.

I had Roland arrangers and there are good drums sounds in there (no questions), but majority of them were for rock and roll music and almost none (or 1 or 2) for dance/techno music.

A lot of drum sounds are outdated on even today's high end arrangers. I think you would understand me better if you'd get a cheap zoom drum machine or just $99 Fruity Loops software. It's so easy to create awesome and complex drum loops with them and sounds are tweakable and upgradable in any way there. The same goes for Motif/Triton and such. C'mon, it's a known fact.

#139004 - 10/24/03 01:12 PM Re: Fruity Loops and arrangers
cassp Offline

Loc: Motown
NY, NY, C'mon it's a known fact that drums are only as good as the drummer. Most arrangers, synths and modules have tons of drum sets. It would take some editing, but the resident rhythms would easily lend themselves to techno drums. Given, FL permits more and easier acces to the drum sets and sounds. As per your question of connectiong, you would have to midi them together and make one of them the slave.

#139005 - 10/24/03 01:17 PM Re: Fruity Loops and arrangers
The Pro Offline

Loc: Atlanta, Georgia
Sorry but you really need to check further into the Motif because working with things like drum loops is probably one of it's strongest features. Any sample can be imported and integrated into a sequence (ISS: integrated sampling sequencer). Those sequences then become patterns or "motifs", hence the name.

#139006 - 10/24/03 01:18 PM Re: Fruity Loops and arrangers
New Yorker Offline

I don't think arrangers have "tons" of drum sets compared to workstations, FL and such. Especially for techno... If i'd use standar1 or whatever for techno it would be the same thing as playing balalaika as a guitar solo. I guess you just not familiar with today's modern drum sounds for techno music. It's a joke to use arranger drum sets for this type of music.

It's amazing that a $99 piece of software have much better drum sets AND arp(!) than a $2000 arranger.

#139007 - 10/24/03 05:36 PM Re: Fruity Loops and arrangers
Idatrod Offline

Loc: Oceanside, CA USA
You could possibly import your Fruity Loop sound files into a Sequencer software program like Sonar XL, etc. You would need a PC or Laptop and a Sound Card with Midi In/Out. You would then run the Midi out from the PC or Laptop into the Midi In of the Arranger. Set your Arranger to receive the Midi data and output the Arranger's Main Outputs to an external Sound System. That should do it. A Laptop would be ideal because you could take everything with you and it would be very portable and easy to transport. If the Arranger had its own internal Speakers you wouldn't even need an external sound source.

Best regards,
Mike

PS: Fruity Loops might also be able to export Midi data through a Midi port too. You might check to see if this is possible with Fruity Loops. The Help file is a good place to start. If you haven't bought Fruity Loops yet, check the User Groups to find your answers. If it is able to do it you wouldn't need Sonar XL, etc.

[This message has been edited by Idatrod (edited 10-24-2003).]

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online