SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#138904 - 03/25/05 03:04 PM Free Multi pads and regs for Tyros/3000
Eric, B Offline

Loc: Ventura, Ca, USA
Hi gang

For those of you who might enjoy different sounds and loops...
http://www.yamaha-europe.com/UBB_threads...=5&o=&fpart=all

Enjoy

Eric

#138905 - 03/25/05 03:07 PM Re: Free Multi pads and regs for Tyros/3000
Eric, B Offline

Loc: Ventura, Ca, USA
BTW there are a few more multi pads at the bottom page posted by Peter Schips.

Eric

#138906 - 03/25/05 08:32 PM Re: Free Multi pads and regs for Tyros/3000
TomTomSF Offline

Loc: Half Moon Bay, CA, USA
I appreciate the link.
Thanks, Eric!

Tom G.

#138907 - 03/26/05 02:12 PM Re: Free Multi pads and regs for Tyros/3000
Zleepy Offline

Loc: Finland
This is great!! Thanks!!

------------------
Tony

http://zleepy.cjb.net

#138908 - 03/26/05 07:23 PM Re: Free Multi pads and regs for Tyros/3000
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Eric, a great BIG thanks for sharing the link to Peter Schips' Reg & Multipad files.

On my Tyros, I'm able to load & play the Registration files fine, but unfortunately, the so called: Multipad 'PAD' files (even though their file names all end with ".pad") are only recognized & playable on my Tyros via the "SONG" sequencer section as a midi song, yet not recognized when attempting to load them via the keyboard's "MULTIPAD" section, and subsequently not assessible via the Tyros Multipad buttons (1-4). Did I perhaps miss something here? Anyone else experience this problem?

I'd really like to access these impressive sounding pad (midi) sequences via the MULTIPAD section (buttons 1-4) of my Tyros keyboard so any help in getting them converted into Multipad file recognizeable format would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance for all help.

Scott

#138909 - 03/26/05 08:04 PM Re: Free Multi pads and regs for Tyros/3000
chony Offline

Loc: New York
Thanks for sharing that!

I have a PSR 8000 which has GREAT, AMAZING dance multi pads which I have not been able to transfer to the Ty. I tried everything. I haven't had a chance to listen to these, but I hope they're as good!

It doesn't really help to have good dance styles if you can't add pads. - it just gets boring.

Thanks agin, CHony

#138910 - 03/26/05 11:09 PM Re: Free Multi pads and regs for Tyros/3000
Dreamer Offline

Loc: Rome - Italy
Scott,
try to save them on a floppy disk, then just press the multipad section of the Tyros and go to the floppy section.
Did you try to upload them via USB?
A.

#138911 - 03/26/05 11:36 PM Re: Free Multi pads and regs for Tyros/3000
keybplayer Offline

Loc: CA
Quote:
Originally posted by Scottyee:

On my Tyros, I'm able to load & play the Registration files fine, but unfortunately, the so called: Multipad 'PAD' files (even though their file names all end with ".pad") are only recognized & playable on my Tyros via the "SONG" sequencer section as a midi song, yet not recognized when attempting to load them via the keyboard's "MULTIPAD" section, and subsequently not assessible via the Tyros Multipad buttons (1-4). Did I perhaps miss something here? Anyone else experience this problem?

Scott

Scott, did you make sure when you transfered the Multipads to a Floppy Disk that Windows did not erroneously 'change' the .pad extension to a .mid extension?

The way to tell is open My Computer/Floppy (A)and make sure the extensions are 'still' .pad extensions and not .mid

If they changed to .mid you will have to rename the extensions to .pad once again. But first delete the "mid" extension.

Also make sure in Windows Explorer or My Computer/Tools/Folder Options/View that the 'Hide extensions for known file types' box is UN-checked and that 'Show hidden files and folders' is enabled. You want to be able to see and have access to everything you put on the floppy disk and that the extensions are visible so you can rename them if necessary.

Best regards,
Mike

Btw, the Multi-Pads work just fine on my Tyros and I am able to access them through the Multi Pad Control Panel as expected.

Many thanks to not only Eric B. for providing the link but also to Peter Schips for creating and then posting them.

And if you read this Peter, I hope in the near future you will configure the "Custom Voice" web site to accept either Pay Pal and or Bank Cards transactions for the Custom Voices, etc. and be able to download them immediately upon purchase like most reputable online software sites allow. You are missing a big opportunity in my opinion to increase your revenue substantially by not allowing (as it stands now) Bank Card and or Pay Pal transactions. Most people won't send cash half way around the world through the mail, especially large sums of it.

PS: I'm not sure Peter can understand the English language and if not then maybe Eric or someone else that speaks German can relay this to Peter. Again....

[This message has been edited by keybplayer (edited 03-26-2005).]

#138912 - 03/27/05 12:54 AM Re: Free Multi pads and regs for Tyros/3000
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Quote:
Originally posted by Dreamer:
Did you try to upload them via USB?

Andrea, No, I had saved them to floppy and attempted to load them just as you described (above). Apparently my PC had automatically (when downloading to my PC) converted (renamed) the .pad files to .mid files by mistake.

Quote:
Originally posted by keybplayer:
Scott, did you make sure when you transfered the Multipads to a Floppy Disk that Windows did not erroneously 'change' the .pad extension to a .mid extension?

Mike, you've 'pin-pointed' the problem exactly. After following your CLEAR instructions (to both show hidden files & view file extensions as well) I've discovered that (for whatever reason), my PC had both erroneously & automatically changed the .pad extesions to .mid extensions. Mike or anyone else who might have the answer: what possibly could be the reason my PC had AUTOMATICALLY converted the .pad files to .mid? Is there a Windows XP setting I can change to keep this occuring in the future?

Ok, after manually changing each extension back to .pad, all 30 multipad files now work on my Tyros via Multipad buttons (1-4). Wow, this is definitely ONE impressive collection for sure. Lots of fun effects to add in the middle of a song. The only missing multipad triggered sound effect I would have liked to hear is: "audience applause", especially on nights where I don't feel I'm getting enough love & adulation from the real audience.

I assume (from discovering now that you can simply rename a .mid file to .pad to be recognized as a multipad file) that multipad sequences are merely short recorded (.mid) sequences renamed to (.pad) so they can be called up via multipad selection. I also assume now that Peter Schip's multipad sound effects (Autos_1, Autos_2, Train, & EffectPad 1&2) were created utilizing the Tyros' INTERNAL GM/XG efx voices, so that I could record a short sequence of the keyboard's internal GM voice named: "Applause" as a midi sequence, and then rename this file as a .pad file, and then call the applause sequence via Multipad buttons (1-4), right? Now if only I could add a "stadium full" of cheers & applause. Ok, ok, I suppose I shouldn't let my ego get carried away .

Scott

#138913 - 03/27/05 06:23 AM Re: Free Multi pads and regs for Tyros/3000
nardoni2002 Offline

Loc: malaga, spain
thanks for the tip eric,but i have a problem i loaded in the pads into the 3000 ok,but not the registrations,have i missed something?,mike

[This message has been edited by nardoni2002 (edited 03-27-2005).]

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online