SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#138829 - 08/21/02 06:52 AM Re: Fake Book Info
rgtaa Offline

Are their any FREE lead sheet music sites that someone could recommend?

Finding TABS on the internet is easy ... but as anyone had success with LEAD sheet music?
I found this site: http://www.freesheetmusicguide.com/pop.htm

But I figured someone knows a BETTER SITE

#138830 - 08/21/02 10:08 AM Re: Fake Book Info
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Joe: Thanks for the add'l info ....Like Scott, I am looking for a site that has lead sheets with chords and lyrics ... With today's technology, the music books, fake books, etc. are probably published by use of computer files ... I would think it should be easy enough for the publisher to transfer that to a downloadable file .... If I can get a fake book with 1000 tunes (most of which I will NOT use)for $25 - 30 bucks (2.5 - 3 cents each!!!), why not let ME select the tunes I want and charge me 5 - 10 cents each? ..... I wouldn't mind paying $25 - 30 for 500 tunes I was going to USE ...and if it could be like the fake book that has the chord variations in it ... WOW .....
t.

#138831 - 08/21/02 11:01 AM Re: Fake Book Info
Bob Hendershot Offline

Loc: Johnson City, TN USA
I gave up trying to find exactly what I wanted so I do my own sheets with Lime notation software. I've done about 400 sheets with just the lead melody line, lyrics, and chord names. I limit each song to a single sheet and print them back to back for a loose leaf notebook that I use. But I still buy just about every fake book that I can find, and use them for backup and reference.

#138832 - 08/21/02 11:37 AM Re: Fake Book Info
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
I have some old fake books that I acquired about 30 years ago. . . and they weren't new then. They have some really obscure songs in them. They were not "legal", and have no publisher listed.
I would share them if there were an easy way.
DonM

#138833 - 08/21/02 02:05 PM Re: Fake Book Info
The Pro Offline

Loc: Atlanta, Georgia
This may answer some of the questions here about "free sheet music" downloads and more. I use PG Music's Band-In-A-Box v.11 to create fakebook-style lead sheets from existing midi files, both my own and those from the web. This is virtually like being able to download free sheet music. BIAB's "import chords from midi file" feature creates editable and printable lead-sheet sheet music that is actually much easier to read than standard fakebook music. Using a MIDI file search engine like:
http://www.musicrobot.com

you can find and download midi files of specific songs. Also, you can do a Google search for "band in a box fakebooks" and find downloadable personal collections of songs on the web that spans into the thousands.

I understand that the new version of PG Music's Power Tracks Pro ($29) now also has the "import chord" feature from BIAB. Both programs are available from:
http://www.pgmusic.com/

#138834 - 08/21/02 08:46 PM Re: Fake Book Info
rgtaa Offline

Thanks for the info!
GREAT!

#138835 - 08/21/02 08:54 PM Re: Fake Book Info
rgtaa Offline

THE PRO!
Could you post a Band in a Box link that has some collections of Fakebooks... because when I did Google search on "Band in a Box Fake BOOKS" all types of stuff came up ... but not related to what we are talking about.
Thanks
rgtaa

#138836 - 08/22/02 04:52 AM Re: Fake Book Info
Joe Waters Offline

Loc: Sterling, VA USA
I tried the Google search, although "fakebooks" had to be changed to "fake books". It did produce a lot of hits. One of the first seemed to have lots of links to BIAB-related sites, including those with fake books:
http://www.alisdair.com/gearsoftware/biablinks.html

If I understand these sites correctly, you will need to have BIAB to take advantage of these files since the files are in a BIAB format.

[This message has been edited by Joe Waters (edited 08-22-2002).]

#138837 - 08/22/02 07:00 AM Re: Fake Book Info
rgtaa Offline

or if anyone has a zip file name of something good ...that is floating around in the NET that I can look for ... that would be very nice!
Tryed that link on my first google search but on checking out alot of his links ... couldn't actually find them ... only collections of individaul people or folk or some church stuff.

If I know the INTERNET ... the FILES are somewhere!

#138838 - 08/22/02 07:43 AM Re: Fake Book Info
The Pro Offline

Loc: Atlanta, Georgia
Sorry I don't have all the links to BIAB fakebooks handy but it sounds like you guys are making progress with a little homework. And yes, the BIAB fakebooks require BIAB for you to hear them. Also there is a newsgroup especially for BIAB users where you can request specific files or links to collections. I don't have the precise name handy but it's something alt.binaries.band-in-a-box. There might be other discussion forums for BIAB out there also. Enjoy!

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online