SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#138791 - 01/21/03 11:09 AM Yamaha Tyros OTS Bug - 'Fingering Type' erroneously switching!
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
As Graham UK pointed out (on another posting thread), the Yamaha Tyros (OS versions 1.00 & 1.10) has a 'software bug' in its "OTS Section" which affects Styles which are called up directly from either the:

1) Floppy Diskette

or

2) Tyros Hard Drive

When ANY Style (which contains OTS settings) is called up from diskette or HD, and then any one of the 4 OTS buttons is pressed, the 'fingering type' automatically switches to 'A1 fingering' mode. This should NOT be happening.

Page 39 of the Tyros Data List manual shows that the 'fingering type' parameter is NOT supported (or stored) in OTS. I was able to easily confirm this by attempting without success to store a 'fingering type' into each of the 4 OTS Registrations. No matter which fingering type I attempted to store, when I load the style from floppy or hard drive, and press any of the OTS buttons, the fingering type switches to 'A1 fingered'. On the other hand, if the style is stored in the Tyros USER area, pressing any of the 4 OTS buttons does NOT affect the current fingering type setting.

I hope Yamaha will be able to move quickly to provide a downloadable software fix (OS update) .

Perhaps Steve Deming (Yamaha USA Customer Service) can respond and provide more information about this.

Other than this, and the previously reported USB 'time out' & slow USB speed issues, I'm VERY happy with my Tyros.

Scott

------------------
http://scottyee.com

#138792 - 01/21/03 11:42 AM Re: Yamaha Tyros OTS Bug - 'Fingering Type' erroneously switching!
Micco Offline

Loc: Finland
There is also another bug in the TYROS and that bug is the delivery of the keyboard. My keyboard should have been here on the 15th of January. On the 15ht I phoned my dealer and he told me that the keyboard will arrive in the end of the month. The next delivery here in Finland will be on May. Thank godness I donīt have to wait that long. Yamaha has very bad delivery problems here in Finland and that is a very bad BUG.

Micco

#138793 - 01/21/03 02:53 PM Re: Yamaha Tyros OTS Bug - 'Fingering Type' erroneously switching!
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Hi Micco: Wow, really sorry to hear that you STILL have not received your Tyros yet even though I remember you ordering it quite a while back. Hopefully, the bug I outlined above is corrected by the time you receive your TYros. Either way though, I can assure you that the Tyros is indeed FLASH Rom upgradeable, so (unlike the PSR2000), you will be able to easily download Tyros OS updates via the internet and install them via USB from your PC to your Tyros . Wishing you luck that you finally receive your Tyros SOON. Please keep us posted. - Scott

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online