SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#13876 - 12/06/98 04:47 PM E-synth
gordon Offline

Loc: SA TX US
i have been studying for months trying to find a really nice workstation. Do the sounds on this keyboard impress you? Is it easy to sequence? are there different ways to compose? how is it live? any ScSi speed problems like the EX-5? IS there a better workstation keyboard out there? why? thanks.
sorry for so many questions, just wondering how good of a machine am i possibly going to purchase for 3,000 dollars.

#13877 - 12/07/98 03:42 AM Re: E-synth
buinu Offline

Loc: Atlanta, GA USA
You may want to visit a music store and check out all the synths in your price range as there are many and most are very good. While the preset programs may not be to your liking, they will at least supply you with enough information to determine the sound quality of each and in some cases, point to the programming capabilities by measures of extreme. Remember, you are buying this synth to satisfy -your- needs, not what the store needs to sell (i.e. avoid the pitch of high pressure sales people) and ask about their return policy in the event you are not satisfied. If they offer you none, I would go somewhere else. I hate do say this because of this being a Korg thread but you question opened the door. Make sure you check out Kurzweil.

#13878 - 12/07/98 03:44 AM Re: E-synth
buinu Offline

Loc: Atlanta, GA USA
Damn, I did it twice! This is an E-mu thread.

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online