SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#138129 - 10/01/05 06:19 PM Re: Tyros II released with a whimiper?
renig Offline

Loc: Canada
Well, so much discussion over a hazy photo.

I've long ago learned not to put too much faith in anything photographic on the web - too many Photoshop experts out there (after all, how can all those mugshots in dnj's recent thread be such a handsome bunch? :-)).

Grey, the grey 'black' keys may be the result of reproducing a colour pic. in greyscale, or just 'screened back' for effect.

#138130 - 10/01/05 08:52 PM Re: Tyros II released with a whimiper?
George Kaye Offline

Loc: Reseda, California USA
The Tyros 2 will not be shipped to dealers until sometime in November.
George Kaye
Kaye's Music Scene
Reseda, California
(Retired 2021)

#138131 - 10/01/05 09:23 PM Re: Tyros II released with a whimiper?
keybplayer Offline

Loc: CA
Looking at the specs I see there's not a complete list of Voices in the 'complete' spec sheet. There IS an additional 4 Sweet! Voices over the current model and also 8 additional Mega Voices.

What I'm wondering is if the Mega Voices (all 18 of them) are actually playable in a Live setting or just the Super Articulated Voices that are playable. If both, i.e. Mega and Articulated are playable that would be a real bonus because then you would have a total of 60 'super' Voices, i.e. 18 Mega and 42 Articulated, which is quite a few actually. 60 'super' Voices is a lot more variety of Voices than you may get in the 'total' amount of many traditional Digital or Stage Pianos, etc. Plus the additional Sweet! Live! and Cool! Voices of the Ty2 certainly helps also.

Okay, it's 5 lbs. heavier than the current Tyros making it 32 lbs. The funny thing is if they got rid of the cup holder on the right side and put the Pitch Bend and Modulation wheel up a ways they could easily put 15 more keys (76 total) on the current dimensions of the Tyros2. 15 additional keys could not weigh much more, so theoretically a 76 key Tyros2 could weigh in at around 33 or 34 lbs. And I'm willing to bet that Yamaha could essentially eliminate 5 of those pounds if they buckled down and designed it even more efficiently and used even lighter and more durable composites that are available even as we speak. So a 76 key Tyros2 with a rugged and solid build quality with quality parts plus a more efficient design with lighter composites could weigh in at as little as 28, 29, or 30 lbs. It's very doable in my opinion.

I keep hoping...

Best regards,
Mike

#138132 - 10/02/05 12:52 AM Re: Tyros II released with a whimiper?
Dreamer Offline

Loc: Rome - Italy
Squeak,
I just receveid a personal message from James Woodcock (Administrator of Yamahapkowner.com):

"Just read your post on Synthzone, the keyboard is not Yamaha or any model for that matter, its a 3D model a friend created so we can rotate and use it wherever we need it. It is based losely on the PSR-3000 but it is unique I suppose."

#138133 - 10/02/05 06:43 AM Re: Tyros II released with a whimiper?
squeak_D Offline

Loc: West Virginia
Thanks Dreamer, sorry if I threw the topic off here. Can't help it though, I tend to notice those things.

Squeak
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.

#138134 - 10/02/05 07:34 AM Re: Tyros II released with a whimiper?
bchaylett Offline

Loc: Yarmouth, Norfolk, England
The 9000 had its rotary knob on the left-hand side - but it's not that one.
Yes, the launches took place - I was at the Caister one. But we were an audience of pensioners at an organ festival - not a firework beween us. All the effort obviously went into the launches, but isn't the weekend to blame, considering there was an embargo on news before Saturday morning? Depends on website workers really.
Nobody where I was was moaning about 76 keys; we knew what league we were in. The space on the right referred to leaves room for USB memory sticks, external HDs, etc.

Brian

#138135 - 10/02/05 07:36 AM Re: Tyros II released with a whimiper?
bchaylett Offline

Loc: Yarmouth, Norfolk, England
PS: Sorry! You're confusing me: the 9000 has its rotary on the right-hand side.

Brian

#138136 - 10/02/05 02:25 PM Re: Tyros II released with a whimiper?
kbrkr Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
Ha, ha, LOL, it's incredible how a single picture of a non-existant keyboard can garner so much activity here. I just love it.

So much more activity than the Tyros2.

Check out Yamaha's own site. Not even a demo or a spec sheet!!!
http://www.yamaha.com/yamahavgn/CDA/ContentDetail/ModelSeriesDetail/0,,CNTID%253D62119%2526CTID%253D205500,00.html

Pa4x - LD Systems Maui 28 - Mackie Thumps

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online