SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#137919 - 08/25/04 02:17 PM I'm a Tyros owner again!! Only $1677!!
TyrosOwner Offline

Loc: Carbondale, IL
As some of you may remember I returned my Tyros to Music123 because I felt like it was just too much money for my skills.

Well today I signed on Music123 and happened to see a used Tyros for only $1677, free shipping and a 45 day return policy... Well it was too much to resist so in a few days I will once again be a Tyros owner!!

The Casio MZ5000 is a pretty sweet board for only $500 but I'm looking very forward to having the Tyros again. If anyone is interested in the Casio board let me know.

#137920 - 08/25/04 03:02 PM Re: I'm a Tyros owner again!! Only $1677!!
Starkeeper Offline

Loc: Toronto
Hey squeak,
Interested? I think he means MZ2000.
Starkeeper

#137921 - 08/25/04 05:36 PM Re: I'm a Tyros owner again!! Only $1677!!
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Quote:
Originally posted by TyrosOwner:
As some of you may remember I returned my Tyros to Music123.

Well today I signed on Music123 and happened to see a used Tyros for only $1677, free shipping and a 45 day return policy... Well it was too much to resist so in a few days I will once again be a Tyros owner!!interested in the Casio board let me know.

TyrosOwner: It'll be really interesting to find out if you 'end up' getting back the same exact Tyros keyboard that you had sent back to Music123 earlier, but now at a substantially reduced price plus another 45 day return policy all over again to boot. Though I'm happy for you about your fortunate deal, it also seems unfair for Music123 (or any other music store) to have to absorb finanacial loss for 'returned' items that then need to be re-sold as a used. It will be especially ironic if you actually end up with the same keyboard you purchased from them originally. Please check and compare serial numbers and let us know.

Scott

#137922 - 08/25/04 07:31 PM Re: I'm a Tyros owner again!! Only $1677!!
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
TyrosOwnwer ... Is Uncle Dave your mentor?!?!? ...
t.

#137923 - 08/25/04 09:17 PM Re: I'm a Tyros owner again!! Only $1677!!
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Hee Hee ....
I shall keep NO keyboard longer than it's time!

#137924 - 08/26/04 04:45 AM Re: I'm a Tyros owner again!! Only $1677!!
squeak_D Offline

Loc: West Virginia
Starkeeper,
Damn! A few months too late I just started the fall semester at WVSU, and threw a few pretty pennies into books. If he had that board when I bought my Casio WK-3500 I would have taken it. Tight on the funds currently because of school. I wouldn't mind having it though. It would make a great addition to my WK.

Squeak
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.

#137925 - 08/26/04 07:13 AM Re: I'm a Tyros owner again!! Only $1677!!
TyrosOwner Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Scottyee:
TyrosOwner: It'll be really interesting to find out if you 'end up' getting back the same exact Tyros keyboard that you had sent back to Music123 earlier, but now at a substantially reduced price plus another 45 day return policy all over again to boot. Though I'm happy for you about your fortunate deal, it also seems unfair for Music123 (or any other music store) to have to absorb finanacial loss for 'returned' items that then need to be re-sold as a used. It will be especially ironic if you actually end up with the same keyboard you purchased from them originally. Please check and compare serial numbers and let us know.

Scott

I understand what you are saying. The original Tyros I received from Music123 was also used as well and cost me $1999 plus shipping. Also as I've said before I didn't return the Tyros because I didn't like it.

I do understand what you are saying about it not being fair to Music123 but there was no pre-planning on my part to try and get a Tyros cheaper by sending the first one back. Also to be honest I had really missed the Tyros and often had second guessed my decision to send it back. I was suprised to see the Tyros for $1667 and felt like it was just too good to pass up.

I'm also not feeling too guilty because I buy plenty of gear through Music123 and purchased a new guitar and GNX4 Guitar workstation just this week. Plus if I don't buy the Tyros, someone else certainly will.

I'll definitely know if it is the same keyboard because the Tyros I sent back came to me with a small nick in the finish right below the registration buttons.

#137926 - 09/01/04 08:08 AM Re: I'm a Tyros owner again!! Only $1677!!
TyrosOwner Offline

My Tyros arrived yesterday!! It is not the same Tyros I sent back to Music123 a few months ago.

While I'm very glad I got my hands on a Tyros for only $1667, it definitely has a bit of a downside that I wasn't expecting. No manuals, no software, no USB cable, and no music stand. All I got was the Tyros and a 6 foot power cable.

Manual is no big deal because I have the PDF anyway. USB cable is not a big deal because I have an extra. Not having the music stand is a bit of a bummer but definitely something I can live with.

The real issue though is that I definitely am needing to get the software to hook the Tyros up to the PC. I went to Yamaha's site but it doesn't appear you can download it from there.

Any ideas on where I could download the Tyros software from?

#137927 - 09/01/04 08:23 AM Re: I'm a Tyros owner again!! Only $1677!!
Starkeeper Offline

Loc: Toronto
How would you be able to play music without a music stand?
Starkeeper

#137928 - 09/01/04 09:01 AM Re: I'm a Tyros owner again!! Only $1677!!
TyrosOwner Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Starkeeper:
How would you be able to play music without a music stand?
Starkeeper

I always use an adjustable music stand anyway. Even when I had my first Tyros I never used the music holder that came with it.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online