SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#137750 - 08/22/01 07:22 AM Re: What did you do when you brought your new keyboard home?
Graham UK Offline

Loc: Lincolnshire UK
Scottyee...Following on from TomTom very good explanation above of the Dynamic Keyboard settings on the EM2000\G1000 and you asking for other players using this facility. This has also been carried forward onto the VA's. All of my 192 Registrations have been saved with the Dynamic Arranger ON.
The Drums,Bass, ACC X 6 can individually be adjusted from -127 to +127, so as TomTom states depending on how you set them your style elements come in and out with your changes in velocity playing.

As an example ...In your case just having Drums, Bass from the arranger playing Full Keyboard piano. You could mute all parts accept say ACC3 Mute Trumpet which would only come into play when you reach your set velocity.

using it all the time it quickly becomes second nature to adjust your velocity playing.

Graham UK EM2000

[This message has been edited by Graham UK (edited 08-22-2001).]

#137751 - 08/23/01 12:22 AM Re: What did you do when you brought your new keyboard home?
Dreamer Offline

Loc: Rome - Italy
When I took my VA7 home the first thing I did was, of course, to start playing; then I realized that, to master such a complex keyboard, I HAD to read the manual and so I did. The VA7 is a great keyboard, with tons of great sounds, but you have to tweak it to suit your needs, especially because it is not easy to do that in a live situation. I was not happy with some of the styles (especially the latin ones), so I replaced them with the equivalent styles (mainly from the G800 and the G1000) found on the zip disk, creating my user programs.
If you take the time and the pain to get familiar with this keyboard it will repay you with exceptional results.
One final consideration: being a gear addict I am constantly looking for the "next" toy, but now I think that if you dig your keyboard really in depth you will probably realize that, after all, you don't need that toy so much.

#137752 - 08/23/01 07:20 AM Re: What did you do when you brought your new keyboard home?
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
There is NO substitute for familiarity......
or boredom.

#137753 - 08/23/01 12:06 PM Re: What did you do when you brought your new keyboard home?
Leon Offline

Loc: British Columbia
What did I do???
Oh Boy..a NEW TOY a NEW TOY!!
As much as I prefer to read the manuals front to back, a few times, I must admit, usually, the frist day, I'll crank it on and experiment...Hey, when all else fails, I've still got the manual. Experimenting can go on for hours. When I want to do something, I'll try and rfind it first, without the manual, you know the old "a guy will never ask directions" cliche' . I haven't come across any that have stumped me after going through the manual extensively.

#137754 - 08/23/01 08:12 PM Re: What did you do when you brought your new keyboard home?
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
When I get a new toy I do as Don does . I read the manual[bath room, kitchen, where ever]. Then at bedtime, I spend 15-20 minutes with my wife[if you know what I mean], then into my music room and play the new toy till daybreak....Opps, I got to go, my wife is calling for me. This might be longer since I have no new toy tonight...

#137755 - 08/23/01 09:25 PM Re: What did you do when you brought your new keyboard home?
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
...you WISH it was longer!

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online