SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#137668 - 09/25/00 02:19 PM PA 80
Markus Offline

Loc: Germany
Can one of you please give me some information on the new Korg PA 80. When is it due to come out in Europe or the US. As perhaps the only person in the world that has never played the Triton, how will the drawbar-organ sounds and the leslie effect supposedly sound? Are there any strong organ sounds in the Triton, too?
Many thanks in advance
Markus

#137669 - 09/25/00 06:03 PM Re: PA 80
George Kaye Offline

Loc: Reseda, California USA
Marcus,
The PA80 is coming the end of October to the US and although we have been given information and pictures, nobody here has heard one yet. If it does sound like the triton I will be very happy as a dealer. The one thing I do know is that the piano better be better than what has been available on the older i series keyboards. I have not been very happy with their sampling of acoustic pianos in the past. The Triton does have a very nice piano and great everything else sounds.
George Kaye
(Retired 2021)

#137670 - 09/26/00 01:12 PM Re: PA 80
Ilija Petkovski Offline

Loc: Apeldoorn
Goerge!

But I do have 320 different PIANO programs on board with my i30 !!!

Ilija

#137671 - 09/26/00 10:29 PM Re: PA 80
George Kaye Offline

Loc: Reseda, California USA
Ilija,
What frustrates me about the piano sounds on the i30 is that with all the ones that come from Korg, there is really only ONE acoustic grand piano, and it is very weak in my opinion. I think they could have done much better. When I contacted Korg at the release of the i30 and complained that I though the piano wasn't good enough, the New York people who work at Korg US agreed with me but said this was the final voicing that the European Engineers liked for that market, and although they could have put more pianos in the Rom banks, they chose not to. It is probably the biggest reason why many of my customers didn't buy the i30 over some of the other arranger keyboards. There are many very good other sounds, but the Piano left me wishing for another!
George kaye
(Retired 2021)

#137672 - 09/27/00 04:13 PM Re: PA 80
vic83 Offline

Loc: Florida
I agree with you george but let me say korg need to improve ther piano on TRITON too so tell them that too!

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online