SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#137638 - 08/26/06 09:35 AM Re: Custom Grand Piano Voice for Tyros2
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Whereas the Triton and Fantom racks do.........

#137639 - 08/26/06 09:32 PM Re: Custom Grand Piano Voice for Tyros2
Tapas Offline

Loc: Phoenix, Arizona, USA
Hi Diki,

You are absolutely correct. There is no way to add Sample RAM to the Motif Rack. The original Motif Rack will only accept 2 Plug-in Boards of the type PLG-150 and PLG100.

Some of the Custom Voices were created utilizing the built-in Synth Engine and modifying the stock wave forms. They do not require adding external samples. The AXXE Guitar Voice Bank is one such example.

The ability to add external samples via User RAM should now become a standard feature on any Arranger/Workstation/Rack.

I was playing on a Yamaha S90ES 88 key weighted action keyboard this afternoon at our Guitar Center. I kept dreaming of one day having a Tyros3 in this casing. That will be the ultimate arranger.

Tapas

#137640 - 08/27/06 05:21 AM Re: Custom Grand Piano Voice for Tyros2
T42 Offline

Loc: UK
Hi Tapas.
The S90ES has an amazing key action and the piano sounds, especially the acoustic ones are fantastic when using the half damper capability using the FC3 (think it's that) pedal.
If Yamaha could get this weighted key action into 76 notes for the next Tyros outing, they would hit the nail on the head.

#137641 - 08/27/06 03:23 PM Re: Custom Grand Piano Voice for Tyros2
Irishacts Offline

Loc: Ireland
Hi Guys.

I’m not going to go into all the details of all this right now, but just let me say that I’m about to discontinue Piano Assault and make it freely available to both KORG and Yamaha users.

Right now that’s all I can say.

As for those KORG users who have already purchased Piano Assault. I promise you will be very happy and well looked after.

Kind Regards.
James Tubbritt

#137642 - 08/27/06 08:16 PM Re: Custom Grand Piano Voice for Tyros2
Tapas Offline

Loc: Phoenix, Arizona, USA
Hi James,

That is wonderful news!!! Thanks a million for your generosity. I know you spent a lot of effort assembling this Piano Assault package and it won rave reviews from everyone who used it. You made a lot of lifetime fans on the Korg Forum.

Thanks for sharing your work for free. This will benefit thousands of KORG and Yamaha users. I will be looking forward to your announcement.

Best regards,

Tapas

[This message has been edited by Tapas (edited 08-27-2006).]

#137643 - 08/28/06 05:07 AM Re: Custom Grand Piano Voice for Tyros2
T42 Offline

Loc: UK
Hi James. I agree with Tapas's posting above.
Your sounds are excellent for the Korg instruments and I appreciate you are going to make the piano assault freely available to the Yamaha users as well as existing Korg owners. There's not many people who would be as generous as yourself.
Best wishes for whatever you have planned for the Korg and Tyros 2 in the future. I'll look forward to your next update on Synthzone or on your great web site.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online