SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#13748 - 06/01/00 10:53 AM What SCSI-card should I choose to use with esi-4000?
Anonymous
Unregistered

I have a PC and an esi-4000 sampler, and I´m about to buy a SCSI-card. what should I choose? do I have to buy the Adaptec 1542, that is recommended in the manual, or can I use another card? perhaps a cheaper one.

thank you!

#13749 - 06/03/00 06:58 PM Re: What SCSI-card should I choose to use with esi-4000?
darren blondin Offline

Loc: ma
I think that i paid like 80 bucks for mine and it wasn't even the cheapest one. Ive tried the Adaptec ones and the Generic ones from Comp USA. I like the Generic one that I have now better because it's more advanced (?). I think it's more important to make sure that your host card is compatable with your mother board. Also check and see how much the cables that you need are going to cost. SCSI card interfaces come in all shapes and sizes and you can easily spend more on the cables than the card. If you can't find the exact cables you might need a 40 dollar adapter for example. Don't buy cheap cables because they mostly dont work. You'll hear all sorts of horrible clipping in your sample transfers. Really it's true.

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online