SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#137408 - 10/23/06 05:55 AM Re: My 2 year + PSR3000 has a real problem!
SemiLiveMusic Offline

Loc: Louisiana, USA
Did one of you guys say an x-stand is not good since it has no continuous support?

------------------
Bill
Yamaha PSR2000

#137409 - 10/23/06 08:16 AM Re: My 2 year + PSR3000 has a real problem!
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Bill,

Someone said something about this subject nearly a year ago, but to my knowledge there is no type of stand that has continuous support--and that also includes the keyboard itself. If you look at the bottom of most keyboards, there are small feet positioned a few inches in from each corner, therefore, it's never completely flat, even when places on a table.

Gary

------------------
Travlin' Easy

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#137410 - 10/23/06 10:40 AM Re: My 2 year + PSR3000 has a real problem!
Beakybird Offline

Good point Gary.

Before I was having this problem with my PSR3000, I had been performing with it for about a year and a half with the X stand in the highest position as I perform standing up. This would put the least amount of pressure on the middle of the keyboard.

My keyboard is on an H stand right now, and I pressed down in the middle and nothing happens. I have had the keyboard back from the technician for about 3 weeks, and the problem has not repeated itself.

Beakybird

#137411 - 09/10/07 07:04 PM Re: My 2 year + PSR3000 has a real problem!
reyguel Offline

Loc: Columbus, OH USA
Quote:
Originally posted by Beakybird:
Good point Gary.

Before I was having this problem with my PSR3000, I had been performing with it for about a year and a half with the X stand in the highest position as I perform standing up. This would put the least amount of pressure on the middle of the keyboard.

My keyboard is on an H stand right now, and I pressed down in the middle and nothing happens. I have had the keyboard back from the technician for about 3 weeks, and the problem has not repeated itself.

Beakybird

Hi,

It's been long while since I've posted,
As of April this year,my keyboard is still doing the flash thingie. I ended up buying a Casio WK3300. This machine,although hundreds of dollars cheaper is really giving a good challenge to the PSR3000 as far as sounds goes. Did you get your keyboard fixed yet? What was the solution?

I was told that maybe the screws in the curcuit boards may not be tighten. The boards are not getting any grounded connections. I'm still trying. Keep me posted please.

#137412 - 09/11/07 04:09 PM Re: My 2 year + PSR3000 has a real problem!
Beakybird Offline

The tech saw the problem occur only once. He opened up the keyboard and did all kinds of tests on it, but he couldn't force it to fail again nor could he find anything wrong. Most likely, something he did fixed it, because the keyboard never gave me another problem even though, after playing it at home without problem for months, I took it on gigs many times.

I sold the keyboard last month.

Beakybird

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online