Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#137270 - 01/25/04 08:41 PM Re: Bose PAS update
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Quote:
Originally posted by kbrkr:

Do you think this setup would do well doing keyboards with 4 other musicians - drums, bass, guitar, sax

That's a good question. Idealy, Bose designed it for everyone to use a single tower. If you are playing with conventional amps, you will have to deal with the directionality issues that each other amp demonstrates. The Bose is loud .... it's just not the same kind of loud that conventioanl speakers are. There is less "push" in the 6 feet in front of the speaker, and some may perceive that to be lower in volume. Infact, the Bose carries to farther reaches of the room with LESS drop off than the other speakers we're used to using.

To answer your question - I'll say yes, but with a disclaimer.
First: Is your drummer mic'd up? Is his/her stage volume very loud?
Second: is the guitar amp real loud on stage too?

These all factor into the final mix. If the stage levels are reasonable, then the PAS will MORE than cover a single kb rig in a 5 pc band. Send a line out to the house mix if you need more coverage.

It's an ideal setup for the working solo performer, but it may need a little more time before the band communities accept the concept. It needs to be understood to work properly. Read the brochure and see if you get what I'm saying.

#137271 - 01/25/04 09:01 PM Re: Bose PAS update
keybplayer Offline

Loc: CA
Quote:
Dave,

Do you think this setup would do well doing keyboards with 4 other musicians - drums, bass, guitar, and sax?

Would I get drowned out by the guitar amps, bass amps, and PA?

Al

I have heard that the Bose L1's have problems accomodating other instruments through the same system that's why Bose recommends separate L1's & Bass modules for 'each' musician within a Band. There has been reports of distortion, echo, and other sound quirks when Mic'ing more than one Mic through one L1. Again, Bose recommends 'separate' Towers and Bass modules for each singer too. It can become very expensive to outfit your entire Band with separate L1's and Bass modules and even make a grown man weep because of possible outlandish expenditures that can accrue especially if your Band has a bunch of members in it. With conventional systems you don't run into those weird Mic'ing problems that can be experienced when using just one L1 Tower and two or more singers try to Mic through it. It happens more frequently when using Condenser Mics from what I've heard. Sigh..

UD is an OMB so he should have no problem.

Best regards,
Mike

#137272 - 01/26/04 04:10 AM Re: Bose PAS update
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Matias,

Did you also purchase two of these? How does it sound in stereo with both a single, then a double?

Al

Hi Al. I found these pictures in a website, they are not mine. As far as I know the Bose PAS is still not available in Europe. But I sure have got an interest in this new concept and will try to audition the system ASAP. -- José.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online