SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#136938 - 03/02/05 05:45 AM I have the worst luck!
squeak_D Offline

Loc: West Virginia
Man I must have the worst luck when ording from online music retailers Everytime I order from Music123, MusiciansFriend, AmericanMusicalSupply, and Zzounds something always goes wrong somewhere.

I ordered something from Zzounds on Monday, and paid as usual with my check visa. Well a few hours after ording I check the status to find that the order was held up. The reason for the hold up--Well after my wife and I moved we changed our mailing address with everyone. Our bank failed to do their job in changing the billing address on the merchant side on our check visas. So Zzounds held the order because the addresses didn't match.

I finally got that cleared up and the order shipped. Again someone along the way screwed that up. The order shipped out on Monday (like it was supposed to). It's supposed to take (2) business days to get to me, and I was supposed to have it today. Yesterday I track the order and everything looked find until I saw that for some reason instead of showing the next location it arrived to it said (billing information recieved). This message is supposed to be one of the first you see (not an entire day later after the package has already shipped and been scanned in several locations). Plus UPS had the nerve to say "the package is on time with a delivery date of March 3rd) when just the day before it sayed on time with a delivery date of March 2nd. I called and of course UPS blamed it on Zzounds and Zzounds blamed it on UPS. Just to top off the cake I can't even balance my check book properly until the purchase shows up on my statement. The reciept I printed from their site said one thing, but then after I logged in on their site to check order status, they're total differed from the one I got from them right after the purchase by (2 cents). How in the hell did that happen? I asked them and they as usual don't know.

Man I wish there were good mucis stores in my area. If that were the case I wouldn't even bother shopping online. DanO and George Kaye, if you ever swing by this state could you drop off a good music store on your way out

Squeak
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.

#136939 - 03/02/05 06:28 AM Re: I have the worst luck!
Alone&Forsaken Offline

It should all work out for you, just straight up...your an example (of many) why I dont deal online.

Anyhow what did you order? My bet is a psr1100 or the sequencer you were talking about.

#136940 - 03/02/05 07:21 AM Re: I have the worst luck!
Dnj Offline

What did you order?

#136941 - 03/02/05 07:33 AM Re: I have the worst luck!
squeak_D Offline

Oh sorry forgot to tell you guys that. I'm still waiting to hear from a retailer about a PSR-1100 they have on close out. In the mean time I bought a new drum machine to keep me busy I bought the Boss DR-3. It's a cool little machine too. I still have my Zoom drum machine, but like keyboards you can never have too many (however our wives think differently)

Squeak
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.

#136942 - 03/02/05 07:50 AM Re: I have the worst luck!
squeak_D Offline

I forgot to add that this drum machine would work well (in my opinion) for those who like arrangers. Unlike most drum machines where you have to chain a pattern by main. fill, ect which can take some time, the Boss DR-3's patterns are set up like an arranger. There are dedicated main and fill buttons that you can trigger from the panel for each pattern. Each pattern has and intro, ending, 3 main sections and 3 fill ins per style--and all of this can be triggered from the panel. It also has bass sounds as well.

Squeak

[This message has been edited by squeak_D (edited 03-02-2005).]

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online