SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#136845 - 01/10/01 08:13 AM help
etabeta Offline

Loc: italy
i'm going to sell my roland g1000 and i need to keep some styles since i 'd like to use with my next keyboard.
i 'n not sure which will be my next arranger i think an x4 solton i prefer an expander but in any case how to save my styles? a converter will be useful? is the converter work in a specific way for each arranger?
thanks alot

#136846 - 01/10/01 08:41 AM Re: help
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
You can save the styles off any arranger by putting them into custom slots and saving to disk, BUT, all Roland factory styles, including those for the G1000, are readily available free on the internet.
DonM

#136847 - 01/10/01 09:24 AM Re: help
Paul Ip Offline

Loc: Austin, Texas, U.S.A.
etabeta,

Don is right. Regardless of what your next arranger keyboard is, Roland styles, converted or original, are abundantly available from the Internet. You can save G1000's factory styles to ZIP disk following instructions in G1000 user manual. You can download Roland's style and song database manager for G1000/EM2000 to you PC and copy your ZIP disk image so you can duplicate it to another ZIP disk which you keep - this way the database index file is correct for the ZIP disk. This should preserve also your customized user styles. With software like EMC Style Works Universal the styles can be converted to style formats of other arranger brands if you cannot find the same styles from the Internet.

Paul Ip
from Texas

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online