SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#136806 - 08/07/07 08:25 PM Re: Bruce Springsteen's piano for sale on ebay
squeak_D Offline

Loc: West Virginia
Exactly..., two different worlds. When I see a very elaborately carved, and well preserved upright dating back to the late 19th century it sends chills up my spine.

Have a look at that website..., they have restored some of the most beautiful upright pianos I have ever seen!
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.

#136807 - 08/08/07 12:23 AM Re: Bruce Springsteen's piano for sale on ebay
Scott Langholff Offline

Loc: Pensacola, Florida, USA
Hi Squeak

Yes, they look pretty nice. It can really be something to enjoy looking at. My great-grandpa could do stuff like this, it was beautiful.

As you know I was in the music retail and piano restoration end of things. I have seen many absolutely beautiful and restored pianos and pump organs that would be of great interest to an antique lover, probably. To a music lover a good majority of this type of thing is pretty close to worthless. This is what an upstanding piano dealer or technician would tell anyone looking for a replacement value for insurance, if they are honest.

It's kind of like, there are many gorgeous old Victola's out there. But by today's standards they don't sound anything like a digital reproduction. And, I like the old records. I have a ton of 78, 45 and LP records along with about 25 record players that will play the 78 PRM records. But they sound best on a turntable with a magnetic cartridge. Other thing about the old crank phonograph's, the weight of the arm is so heavy that a record will last for about 100 plays only.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online