SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#136654 - 08/29/06 07:59 AM I'm sick &TIRED of the Posting Thread Deletions!
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
What's the purpose of people posting and then later (on 2nd thought) deleting what was said? It only causes reader confusion and subsequent posting respondants to become frustrated to see the purpose and direction of the thread taken away. Better to ammend one's post with an explanation instead of deleting it with only a dot "." left to remind us that a posting originally existed. - Scott

[This message has been edited by Scottyee (edited 08-29-2006).]

#136655 - 08/29/06 08:08 AM Re: I'm sick &TIRED of the Posting Thread Deletions!
Dnj Offline

[This message has been edited by Dnj (edited 08-29-2006).]

#136656 - 08/29/06 08:14 AM Re: I'm sick &TIRED of the Posting Thread Deletions!
GlennT Offline

Loc: Medina, OH, USA
Come-on Scott, tell us how you really feel.

Glenn

#136657 - 08/29/06 08:39 AM Re: I'm sick &TIRED of the Posting Thread Deletions!
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Scott ... Maybe it's my age, but I just don't see why anyone would let stuff like that bother them so ... I don't think what is being done has anything to do with other people's postings, or with whatever else goes on here ...
I love this place, because what doesn't interest me, I ignore, and what does interest me, I participate in ... but unless someone is taking a serious personal attack against me, my family or one of my friends, I am not going to let it 'get to me' ...
People can do whatever they want to be a distraction, and the rest of us, including Donny and Fran a lot of the time, can ignore it and have meaningful conversation and trading of information ...
Live on Synth-Zone ...
Make beautiful music...
t.
PS: Maybe Donny is suffering from PMS - Post Midjay Syndrome
t.

#136658 - 08/29/06 08:40 AM Re: I'm sick &TIRED of the Posting Thread Deletions!
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Scott I only do that once in a while to censor something I think may make some crybabies unhappy..

#136659 - 08/29/06 08:42 AM Re: I'm sick &TIRED of the Posting Thread Deletions!
Jerryghr Offline

Loc: Buffalo, NY
Fasten your seat belts!!!!!!

I can see this one going to about 200 posts, surpasssing "do you really need a Tyros2.

Jerry

#136660 - 08/29/06 08:43 AM Re: I'm sick &TIRED of the Posting Thread Deletions!
Scottyee Offline

Ok, touche. I've done the same as well then.

Scott

#136661 - 08/29/06 08:44 AM Re: I'm sick &TIRED of the Posting Thread Deletions!
George V Offline

Loc: Sofia
Scott,

As I told you DNJ is a man with a mission - to become the top poster. Just let him win the game. Ya know he can beat you overnight.

Smile.

George

#136662 - 08/29/06 08:57 AM Re: I'm sick &TIRED of the Posting Thread Deletions!
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA
For me bottom line is both Scott and Donny have given me some valuable input on questions I've had recently. I've had conversations with them recently outside the zone. Both have been gentlmen no question about that. Everyone has their own opinion and their will always be some nut smashing whether it's here or at the office, shop or wherever you make your living and with that

[This message has been edited by Stephenm52 (edited 08-29-2006).]

#136663 - 08/29/06 09:13 AM Re: I'm sick &TIRED of the Posting Thread Deletions!
tony mads usa Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by George V:
Scott,
As I told you DNJ is a man with a mission - to become the top poster. Just let him win the game. Ya know he can beat you overnight.
Smile.
George

.. hey... with this one, I'm only 4590 behind him !!! ........

t.

#136664 - 08/29/06 12:08 PM Re: I'm sick &TIRED of the Posting Thread Deletions!
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by tony mads usa:
PS: Maybe Donny is suffering from PMS - Post Midjay Syndrome
t.

BTW there are manyy things I loved about the Midjay....if only they would incorporate the MJ's features into a lightweight keyboard w/speakers & a bit bigger display.....(sigh)

#136665 - 08/29/06 12:11 PM Re: I'm sick &TIRED of the Posting Thread Deletions!
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Scott Yee:

"DAMM IT! Sorry folks, but I'm really pissed! I've grown sick and tired of the "SCORES" of posting threads started (mostly by Donny Pesce), in which, only after a few hours (or sometimes minutes) later, Donny goes back and drastically edits, or removes his posting text entirely, as well as all subsequent replies made by him, leaving merely a dot "." remaining , and this is only because the SZ message forum won't allow complete removal of all evidence that DNJ's posting/reply was made. I find to be extremely RUDE and INCONSIDERATE, especially to those who took time out to compose thoughtful posting replies. Here is the most recent) posting thread by DNJ evidencing this: http://www.synthzone.com/ubbs/Forum37/HTML/013983.html
Donny (and Fran, known to exhibit this annoying habit as well) remind me of imature babies."

Touche` again not even you are safe now scott your in my 400GB data base too
I save everything

#136666 - 08/29/06 12:12 PM Re: I'm sick &TIRED of the Posting Thread Deletions!
T42 Offline

Loc: UK
Donny your prayers may be answered in the upcoming SD1 plus replacement which is currently in production.

#136667 - 08/29/06 12:14 PM Re: I'm sick &TIRED of the Posting Thread Deletions!
Dnj Offline

T42.....stop teasing me OMG Please please please...........I also heard this thru the grapevine....should be a killer unit if Aj has anything to do with it!!
Thanx for the info buddy!

#136668 - 08/29/06 12:25 PM Re: I'm sick &TIRED of the Posting Thread Deletions!
T42 Offline

Loc: UK
Donny don't tell me you are already getting fed up with the PSR3000 and thinking about a new Ketron when it's out.
A new toy for you to demo soon

#136669 - 08/29/06 12:48 PM Re: I'm sick &TIRED of the Posting Thread Deletions!
Dnj Offline

I LOVE THE PSR3000 for most of my musical needs......but like Ive always said ....
my eyes are always open for the future

#136670 - 08/29/06 04:02 PM Re: I'm sick &TIRED of the Posting Thread Deletions!
keysvocalssax Offline

Loc: Miami FL nov-may/Lakeville CT ...
Quote:
Originally posted by T42:
Donny your prayers may be answered in the upcoming SD1 plus replacement which is currently in production.

AJ says they are working on a new one but not for 2 more
years..not in production yet. so sd1+ will remain flaghip for now...

------------------
Miami Mo

#136671 - 08/29/06 04:05 PM Re: I'm sick &TIRED of the Posting Thread Deletions!
keysvocalssax Offline

Loc: Miami FL nov-may/Lakeville CT ...
Quote:
Originally posted by Dnj:
BTW there are manyy things I loved about the Midjay....if only they would incorporate the MJ's features into a lightweight keyboard w/speakers & a bit bigger display.....(sigh)

Dnj, what was the problem using a controller with the
midjay? I may be swapping my Gen Pro S for a dicover/midjay combo..as a non-tekkie, will I encounter problems
using the midjay live as an arranger?

------------------
Miami Mo

#136672 - 08/29/06 04:05 PM Re: I'm sick &TIRED of the Posting Thread Deletions!
Dnj Offline

Thats not a bad thing the SD-1 is an excellent arranger ..but we'll see what turns up down the road....thanx for the info. Next time I see AJ we'll talk.

#136673 - 08/29/06 06:23 PM Re: I'm sick &TIRED of the Posting Thread Deletions!
zuki Offline

Depsite the bad and sometimes personal attacks, please keep level headed and stay on this forum.

In time, we'll all need the expertise given from the major contributors who are so willing to share their knowledge. I, for one, appreciate learning and growing from expert advise.

zuki

Studio: Korg PA4X/Yamaha DGX670/Boss BR900CD/Tascam DP24SD/MTM Iloud/Sony C80/AGK 214/K&M stand

#136674 - 08/29/06 07:02 PM Re: I'm sick &TIRED of the Posting Thread Deletions!
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by keysvocalssax:
Quote:
Originally posted by Dnj:
[b] BTW there are manyy things I loved about the Midjay....if only they would incorporate the MJ's features into a lightweight keyboard w/speakers & a bit bigger display.....(sigh)

Dnj, what was the problem using a controller with the
midjay? I may be swapping my Gen Pro S for a dicover/midjay combo..as a non-tekkie, will I encounter problems
using the midjay live as an arranger?
[/B]

Hi....The MJ works very well with a controller KB like the Roland A37 or any midi connected KB...depending on what the controller features are will relegate how navigation is controlled between the two units & how comfortable you are using it in a performance scenario to make the MJ do what you want to... The MJ is a little less featured as an arranger but has enough to make it play styles with no problem...its weakness lies a bit in its style editing but not something you cant do on a pc if you want to really get in deep.....remember the MJ also has many other super kool useful modes for live play also, SMF, SFX, Wav, Mp3, HD recording, Lyrics, Mic/Vocalizer all in a 7lb unit! Best part, you can play ALL Modes simultaneously also and fade in & out via separately controlled SLIDERS. Styles & Sounds are terrific, in fact I recorded my last CD project using only the MJ. Its easy to get used to the OS, you can load & remove all data via USB also. If your into mixing it up musically & doing it with mucho flexibility in different formats besides just playing the MJ is for you....read more here:
http://www.ketronus.com/midjay.htm

#136675 - 08/30/06 06:43 AM Re: I'm sick &TIRED of the Posting Thread Deletions!
Scottyee Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by SZ Forum Administrator, Nigel:
I want to bring up a couple of things in regard to a thread that was started by someone who then decides to edit out the posting that started the whole thing.

I stopped people deleting threads to avoid losing all the input that other members put in. I am now considering banning editing for the same reason. If you start a thread have the balls to see it through. Don't edit it because you realize that everyone else will think you are lame for your posting. If that is the case don't post it in the first place.

As for the threads I've seen about winning the number of postings .... forget about it. I can change anyone's posting count to be '0' at any time. Posting just to increase your count is not going to work, I WILL make sure of that.

Do NOT post just to aggravate another member. I will simply delete any thread that has been posted just to do that. PLEASE respect other members. If you have nothing good to say about them then say nothing at all thank you. I don't mind good hearted humor but sometimes it gets to the point that it just isn't funny.

Please think about whether you want to lose your ability to edit your own postings. At the moment that is looking like it may be the way to go. I really think that people may think more about what they post if it can't be edited later.

As much as I might dislike losing the ability to edit my postings (for typos & grammar editing), this is one sacrifice I'm more than willing to accept for the sake of perserving the integrity of exisitng threads, and preventing people from later, drastically editing the meaning of, or completely deleting the contents of their posting altogether. Fortunately, free online browser toolbar spell checking utilities such as Google Toolbar will help to eliminate typos.

Nigel. Many thanks for your quick response. - Scott

#136676 - 08/30/06 06:56 AM Re: I'm sick &TIRED of the Posting Thread Deletions!
tony mads usa Offline

My response on another thread -

I fully agree with the need for people to think more about what they post.
The only problem I have with not being able to edit at all is that sometimes I hit the 'submit' too quickly or even accidently - typos get through, perhaps the thoughts haven't been completed, OR after seeing it 'live (even after reading before submitting) I realize I've said something that might be taken the wrong way ...
And while I understand the desire (need?) to have the complete thread intact, if someone has written something they need to edit out, it probably wasn't worth being there to begin with ...

I, for one, am not quite that ready to give up my editing capabilities....

t.

#136677 - 08/30/06 07:09 AM Re: I'm sick &TIRED of the Posting Thread Deletions!
Scottyee Offline

Tony: The only purpose of locking the ability to edit our postings is to prevent the FLAGRANT ABUSE of this practice by the few. I'm certain that Nigel, if you contact him, would be more than amenable to editing or completely removing your posting for you, if and when desired. - Scott

#136678 - 08/30/06 07:35 AM Re: I'm sick &TIRED of the Posting Thread Deletions!
Esh Offline

Loc: Hilton Head, SC, USA
One other thought on the subject of editing... and this is especially for Nigel:

I wish there were tools available here to make adding URL links and pictures easier so it wasn't necessary to write out the UBB or HTML codes manually. All other discussion forums I know of have such tools, and a preview function would also help prevent errors. As it is I often have to edit my posts after they are posted not to change the contents but to fix minor errors that screw up links or pix. So if editing is done away with I would appreciate either some easy-to-use UBB functions for adding links and pix and/or a preview function so that posts can be checked before committing. Thanx.

#136679 - 08/30/06 09:31 AM Re: I'm sick &TIRED of the Posting Thread Deletions!
kbrkr Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
Quote:
Originally posted by Fran Carango:
Scott I only do that once in a while to censor something I think may make some crybabies unhappy..

I've seen a few of your responses to my posts before and after your edits where you censored yourself when I didn't agree with your opinion on something. Very dis-tasteful and classless. It's very nice that you think your fellow s-zoners are just a bunch of crybabies. I really appreciate that.

Pa4x - LD Systems Maui 28 - Mackie Thumps

#136680 - 08/30/06 09:37 AM Re: I'm sick &TIRED of the Posting Thread Deletions!
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
you are welcome!!

#136681 - 08/30/06 12:10 PM Re: I'm sick &TIRED of the Posting Thread Deletions!
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Quote:
Originally posted by George V:
DNJ is a man with a mission - to become the top poster.

Aw, being the biggest blowhard ain't all it's cracked up to be! I should know !

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online