SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#136316 - 11/14/03 08:12 AM Re: BEST of BOTH Worlds?.............
KFingers Offline

Loc: Brighton - UK
I use a Ketron X3 with two different keyboard controllers. One very slim lightweight 61 note job for playing gigs with and an 88 note fully weighted one for home and recording use. It's true that there are more connections to set up and I also have to use the extender arms on my X-Stand at gigs but the flexibility this set up gives outweighs a few extra mins setup time.

I'm lucky in that the Ketron gives me exactly what I want out of an arranger 'cos there aint too many module ones around now.

KF

#136317 - 11/14/03 08:31 AM Re: BEST of BOTH Worlds?.............
Dnj Offline

KFingers.....Interesting...any chance on you posting some songs with your setup or email them to me....I'd like to see some pics of it also...What else can you tell us about your rig..navagation....etc etc ?

#136318 - 11/14/03 08:51 AM Re: BEST of BOTH Worlds?.............
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Since going "one piece", I can never go back to carting more gear. Especially since the end result will most likely sound the same. I had a few modular arrangers before, but there was never a really comfortable spot to place it for best access to the controls. As a guitarist or accordianist, I guess you have no choice(except to reach), but as a keys player .... it makes so much more sense to have all your controls at your fingertips.

Then again...... this is coming form someone who hates playing the keys on the board I currently own. Take it with a grain of salt.

If they ever made a really high end cabinet with great speakers and up-to-date sounds .... I'd be all over it.
The kn7000 is close, the PA80 is closer(because of the vocal abilities) but no one else has the road ready package that I long for. Sigh......

BTW - we sold out house this week.
W*A*R*N*I*N*G
(changing topics that fast can cause whiplash !)

#136319 - 11/14/03 08:56 AM Re: BEST of BOTH Worlds?.............
The Pro Offline

Loc: Atlanta, Georgia
UD: You sold your out house? That indoor plumbing must finally be working...

#136320 - 11/14/03 09:06 AM Re: BEST of BOTH Worlds?.............
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Dave I thought you were in Philly not Little Rock!
DonM

#136321 - 11/14/03 09:48 AM Re: BEST of BOTH Worlds?.............
brickboo Offline

Loc: Fruita, Colorado, USA
I'm with Dave on this one.

If they make a board with 100watt speakers and everything is in one piece, I'd sell all of my gear and buy it if, it had a sequencer I liked. I wouldn't care if it weighed 150lbs.

My son picks up my 275lb brick saw lifts it over the side of the trailer and sets it down gently. I'll just hire him as a roadie. Ha! Ha!

I WANT A ONE PIECE RIG FOR A ONE MAn BAND. i DON'T MIND CARRyING MY SAX EXTRA.

I know dream on and "On And On". I like this tune. I even like it with the Cumbia style on my Korg.

#136322 - 11/14/03 10:16 AM Re: BEST of BOTH Worlds?.............
Starkeeper Offline

Loc: Toronto
A solution for the mfgs. is to have sound boards that you could install inside your arranger. Both Roland and Yamaha have the technology to do this. Don't like the electric pianos on your Roland EXR-5? No problem, just install the "Keyboards of the 60's & 70's" expansion board and there you go. This won't happen for a long time.
Starkeeper

#136323 - 11/14/03 11:19 AM Re: BEST of BOTH Worlds?.............
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Damn! Typing with mittens on again, and i was caught ! Kudos guys.
The girls will be moving about a mile away, into a smaller place that my "X" can afford.
Looks like chapter 2 of the Big "D" is next.....learning how to knock when I pick up my own kids. Weird feeling.

#136324 - 11/14/03 04:29 PM Re: BEST of BOTH Worlds?.............
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Hi
i wish they'd bring arranger modules back. Used to have the korg i5m, Roland Ra90/95. Even had a technics module many years back.
I've always wondered why they weren't more popular. To me they seem a great idea.

best wishes
Rikki

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online