SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#136058 - 12/13/06 04:33 AM Re: so, i've got it last nigh! MY E60 IS HERE!
adimatis Offline

Loc: Oradea, RO
zuki -

a friend of mine came last night to visit, to see my new keyboard. he came for 30 minutes, and ended up sitting and playing for almost three hours. until my lovely wife almost asked him to leave, around !

the e60 is that good!

now, of course might sound little bit pathetic, and maybe is just me coming after a long time with no arranger in the house, or just upgrading from pa50; whatever it is, i have a great time playin e60. i bought a card reader, i loaded alot of midis and styles, and had a great time trying things...
i also tried composing a style, from scratch. it was quite easy, though i made only one intro and one main.
i must say, having touch screen is sooo good. i have heard stories about ruining the screen, or something like that. but really, the touch works very easily, no hard press needed.

hopefully, in this weekdend i will have time enough to try recording a song, using some tracks as accomp, but also using the sequencer for adding my own lines. i briefly checked the microediting and i was surprised in a good way with it's abilities! it is a full featured sequencer, both very good micro and track editing!
and playing midis is a lovely experience!

i will keep you guys informed!

#136059 - 12/13/06 06:37 PM Re: so, i've got it last nigh! MY E60 IS HERE!
zuki Offline

Ad -

Great to hear the continued success I really am excited for my package to arrive.

I know it accepts VA user programs, which I have saved from my previous VA76 board. There seems to be similarities with the VA, that I have read in the downloaded pdf, and that is a good thing.

I like your comment about the smooth style variation changes (always a concern), along with the useful styles in general. Also, the speaker news is great.

Continue to have fun and thanks for the update.

zuki

Studio: Korg PA4X/Yamaha DGX670/Boss BR900CD/Tascam DP24SD/MTM Iloud/Sony C80/AGK 214/K&M stand

#136060 - 12/15/06 12:23 AM Re: so, i've got it last nigh! MY E60 IS HERE!
adimatis Offline

another one:
last night i made from scratch the very first style of my own on e60. a simple one, one intro, one main, one ending.
i discovered it was quite easy to record tracks, but i would've liked to have an undo function, as sometimes - being only human - i make mistakes.
anyway, once more, the big touch screen makes everything very easy. if you have a good inspiration, in one hour, you can make easily a good complete style!
now, next time - probably tonight - i will try making a style from a midi file... exciting!

zuki -
when is yours coming?

[This message has been edited by adimatis (edited 12-15-2006).]

#136061 - 12/15/06 04:45 AM Re: so, i've got it last nigh! MY E60 IS HERE!
Starkeeper Offline

Loc: Toronto
Tell us about the guitar chord strumming feature. Have you played with this? Is it a useable function?
Starkeeper

#136062 - 12/15/06 10:14 AM Re: so, i've got it last nigh! MY E60 IS HERE!
zuki Offline

Adimatis,

Thanks for more info. It's looking like I'll get it on 12/18. That gives me time to get more honey do list out of the way

zuki

Studio: Korg PA4X/Yamaha DGX670/Boss BR900CD/Tascam DP24SD/MTM Iloud/Sony C80/AGK 214/K&M stand

#136063 - 12/16/06 05:40 AM Re: so, i've got it last nigh! MY E60 IS HERE!
adimatis Offline

i guess because e60/e80 is pretty much a g70 inside, there are no many reviews available. also, if you know about what g70 can do, you get 90% of what e60 can do.

so, about guitar mode, i can tell you is different than what i thought it would be. but i am not disappointed. i thought i get some kind of arpeggios, ready to use. but is different. it is the combination of keys when pressed at the right time and intervals that gives you a guitar arpegio. which gives you many many possibilities, is just that you have to learn those combinations. i have learned a simple two keys combination, which make the guitar to sound very naturally, in a simple country style: down-up-down-up.
i am sure, after a while, that can become very handy when writing original styles.

today i recorded a song, using the E60. i am not sure if it will work, but i will try to post it on my webpage, which btw is under construction. please check www.adimatis.xhost.ro

#136064 - 12/16/06 11:07 AM Re: so, i've got it last nigh! MY E60 IS HERE!
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Roland Keyboard Club have an excellent set of articles about different keying pattern to use with the Guitar Mode. They might help you.....

As to the E60 being 90% G70, be careful using that description. Half the polyphony, no Vocalist, only 2 Upper and one Lower Part, no Direct Outputs, no FC-7 pedal input, no extra Footswitch input (basically, no foot control at all other than sustain and volume) no VK organ section, no color touchscreen (B&W only), etc., etc..

There is a reason it's a LOT less expensive! But at it's price, I'm sure it is a VERY capable arranger, and one of the few choices for those of us that need a 76 note keyboard.

#136065 - 12/17/06 04:58 PM Re: so, i've got it last nigh! MY E60 IS HERE!
keysvocalssax Offline

Loc: Miami FL nov-may/Lakeville CT ...
Quote:
Originally posted by Diki:
[B], no FC-7 pedal input, no extra Footswitch input (basically, no foot control at all other than sustain and volume) /B]

wow, this is disappointing news for me, I've been so looking forward to trying the E60, and hoping it would do
for me so I wouldn't even be tempted by pa800, preferring
the 76 keys..unless the sustain can be programmed for
other functions..particularly start/stop. I never use the
sustain pedal anyway..so can it be reprogrammed? Also, I
thought I saw that you could order an optional vocalizer
with it? if so, how would that be configured?

------------------
Miami Mo

#136066 - 12/17/06 09:19 PM Re: so, i've got it last nigh! MY E60 IS HERE!
adimatis Offline

diki -
what i meant by 90% G70 refers to the way the things are organized inside: OS, features, styles, sounds.
come on, of course it's not a g70!

probably the main difference is the vocalist - nevermind three upper parts or color screen... that is not vital.

and btw, you can set the expession footswhich pedal to many parameters, not only volume. and there is also the dbeam which though taken as a joke by many, it is very handy for controling some stuff.

start/stop style is actually the defaul setting for expession pedal if i am not wrong - i don t use it too much, but is there. is a long list with fuctions assignable to it.

#136067 - 12/18/06 08:56 AM Re: so, i've got it last nigh! MY E60 IS HERE!
keysvocalssax Offline

Loc: Miami FL nov-may/Lakeville CT ...
Quote:
Originally posted by adimatis:

and btw, you can set the expession footswhich pedal to many parameters, not only volume. and there is also the dbeam which though taken as a joke by many, it is very handy for controling some stuff.

start/stop style is actually the defaul setting for expession pedal if i am not wrong - i don t use it too much, but is there. is a long list with fuctions assignable to it.

still disappointed. i find volume pedal very useful, and sustain next to useless. if the sustain can't be reprogrammed to start/stop and i have to give up volume expression for start/stop, i have to forget this purchase.

it's like all the great reviews i read here about the fantastic piano/organ casio sounds that are better than just about every other kb, so they say. casio still refuses to offer tap tempo even on top of line, so of no use to me.

------------------
Miami Mo

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online