SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#136042 - 10/12/02 02:00 PM Calling CAM8nEEL
B2 Offline

Loc: Westfield, Massachesetts, USA
Angelo, didn't have your e-mail here...I'm psyched, Bruins season began last night (Ughhhhh 5-1) more importantly...howz the song writing business and did you purchase new speakers...also anxious to hear your setup IE mic selction, and other equip. Let us know how your doing..Brian

#136043 - 10/13/02 08:48 PM Re: Calling CAM8nEEL
cam8neel Offline

Loc: Providence, RI USA
Hey, Bri!

I know! The B's are going to break our hearts again this season, I'm afraid! I still haven't bought the speakers as of yet. Mainly, I still can't decide whether or not I'll need powered speakers, or use a powered mixer with passive ones. So many options! Ugh!!! I'm planning on using a headset mic (audio-technica), but am having trouble going through the PSR2K with it. It keeps clipping on me, so I'm experimenting with volumes and such. Maybe I just need to get used to singing through headset mic's in general, as this is the first time I'l be gigging with one. I'm gearing up for my solo tribute gig, so the songwriting's been put on the back-burner for now. You must be jackked about your new speakers! How are they working out for you?

Angelo

#136044 - 10/14/02 06:00 AM Re: Calling CAM8nEEL
B2 Offline

Loc: Westfield, Massachesetts, USA
Never tried the headset/mic routine...although some folks really like them and sound great...I don't think I could get used to it. Anyhow, I know the struggle you are facing regarding powered speakers or passive with a powered mixer. Lots of good choices available. I started with my budget, then looked at all the options vs quality/portability. I could've gone with an amp and powered speakers and been just as happy I suppose. I just picked one way to go and decided to give it a try. In a year or so, I'll re-evaluate and decide then. Honestly, I don't have enough hands on experience with the new equipment to be able to make a decision one way or the other. So, I chose one way to do it, and then I'll go from there. The eV's sound great so far. That is, in my basement with my gear. I did hear them in a store once. comparitavely against other speakers, in a large room..they sounded excellent, and held their own. Again, I'll spend the next year listening to other setups while I'm in banquet halls and such, and compare them to my set up and go from there. I'm extremely content with my beginning set-up. Good luck Angelo...If you're in Springfield, give me a call (413) 562-1307 Cheers brian

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online