SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#135750 - 12/27/04 05:53 PM Re: Looking for a keyboard
Bluezplayer Offline

Loc: Catskill Mountains, NY
Triton Le is ok.. I think I prefer the Motif ( even the older model ) and the PSR 3000 to it soundwise, but that's so very subjective. I still have my Korg PA80 and it still sounds good. The fills still don't always match the styles so well though..lol

Band in A Box is ok too. You'll still need a good sound module for it ( either a kb-synth or software module(s)). If you just want to "plug and play", or you're not that technically inclined and / or don't want to spend some time tweaking sounds, I'd say the PSR3000 could be a good choice. If you are able to play and / or sequence a piece at a time, the Motif ES is a nice sounding board. It's predecessor isn't bad at all either, and a 5 octave model can probably be had for just over a thousand dollars or so.

For computer style based recording though, if you did decide to go that way, I'd recommend giving One Man Band a fair look as well.

AJ

[This message has been edited by Bluezplayer (edited 12-27-2004).]

#135751 - 12/27/04 08:17 PM Re: Looking for a keyboard
jasmineflower Offline

What made you prefer the Yamaha Motif and PSR 3000 to the Korg Triton LE?

#135752 - 12/27/04 08:24 PM Re: Looking for a keyboard
Bluezplayer Offline

Loc: Catskill Mountains, NY
The overall sound palette. I like the sounds better. I don't have a 3000 btw. I have played one though, and it sounded very good and looks like top value for the price. I did have a 2000 before, which is an earlier model and is very similar in many ways.

I do have the Motif ES. I think the sounds are a lot better than in the Triton Le. Again, sounds are subjective. I do like the key feel much better as well. Also, the ES has many more "bells and whistles" opposed to the Le. The Le and the Motif ES are not really comparable. The ES is light years ahead. A fair comparison would be the ES vs the Triton Xtreme or Fantom X. I've played them all and could be pretty happy with any of these.

AJ

[This message has been edited by Bluezplayer (edited 12-27-2004).]

#135753 - 12/27/04 09:49 PM Re: Looking for a keyboard
George Kaye Offline

Loc: Reseda, California USA
It seems that most are suggesting the PSR3000 as a first choice and I would agree. However, if you want to spend under $1000.00 do consider the Yamaha PSR1500. It has most of the features you require from the PSR3000 and is just lacking in the mega guitar and bass sounds. It still has all the same button pushing and sequencing power and 96 voice polyphony.

------------------
George Kaye
Kaye's Music Scene
Reseda, California
(Retired 2021)

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online