SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#135544 - 01/06/03 04:24 PM Re: Arranger to Computer's Line Input... what program do you use? Midi alternative
rgtaa Offline

i tryed GoldWave but I can't get it to record multiple tracks... only left and right stereo track... how to i get track 3 or 4 into it?

Acid Pro 4 has the same simple Record Feature ... but it then lets me add multiple Tracks to it ... am I wrong with GoldWAVE? ... in ACid as i'm playing track 3 I can hear the frist traack I laid down... does the other programs GoldWave or Total Record do that? ... My Jukebox program only let me lay down one track also.

Sonic 2 seems alot harder to figure it out ..but i'm working on it.

#135545 - 01/06/03 04:42 PM Re: Arranger to Computer's Line Input... what program do you use? Midi alternative
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Both GoldWave and Sound Forge XP 4.5 only record two tracks. However, if you have a multiple channel mixer, then you can run as many sounds through them as your heart desires. It may take a few tries to get them the way you want, but I sincerely beleive you'll be happy with the results. Keep in mind that you are not recording midi files with multiple channels, but instead, you are recording WAV files directly to your computer. There is a significant difference between midi files and WAV files.

If you wish to record a midi file directly to the PSR-2000, you can do so, save it on a floppy, then play the midi file back through the keyboard and record them as WAV files. You can also simultaneously record vocals. I do all the mixing with a 12 channel stereo mixer, but if you wish, you can really be creative and do the mixing with the program. You can also pan, cross mix and do lots of other neat things. This will take a bit of time to learn, but with a little trial and error, you'll eventually get the hang of it.

There are programs available that will convert midi files to WAV files, however, most will not provide the quality you hear directly from your keyboard's audio output. That is because they do not use the keyboard's tone generator, therefore, the instrument sounds are not the same. This particularly holds true with the "Sweet" sounds that Yamaha has come out with on the 740 and 2000. Those sounds are produced by the by the keyboard's sound card and faithfully reproduced through the keyboard audio output system.

If you have some great midi files that sound outstanding on your keyboard, but only marginal when played on your computer, even a computer with a high quality sound card and great speakers, and you want to make a CD using vocals, Goldwave or a similar program is the best way to go.

Gary

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#135546 - 01/06/03 07:24 PM Re: Arranger to Computer's Line Input... what program do you use? Midi alternative
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Total Recorder is 2-track only.
PowerTracks Pro is multi-track. It works great is only about $30.
DonM

#135547 - 01/08/03 12:20 PM Re: Arranger to Computer's Line Input... what program do you use? Midi alternative
MusiKMan Offline

Loc: California, USA
Hello Guys, I have VST 32 or something like its Cubase or something, but its so hard to understand. Im almost given up.
I want to have something like ACid pro where you can play and right away it s recording the entire sound. I like it like that specially if you want to capture an inspiration. I have a Korg Trinity and i30, but I like playing the Trinity to get inspired with the sounds.
I would connect the Trinity to the PC via midi cable.
So I wonder if ACid pro will record all 8 or 16 midi channels at once or not?

any one know?

best,

Musikman4Christ........

#135548 - 01/08/03 01:39 PM Re: Arranger to Computer's Line Input... what program do you use? Midi alternative
rgtaa Offline

Good Question! I don't know.
I know I wanted something Simple because in the Past all the midi stuff confused me.

So Using the Acid Pro 4 Record WAV function allowed me to take my WHOLE output from My instrument...16 tracks at once with voice and make Left and Right Stereo Channel...

But where Acid PRO 4 is cool ...then I can make as my 3 and additional tracks... MIDI or WAV and keep adding to the orginal track all the WAV or MIDI channels I want!!!!! ... and it has Soft Sythn in it ...

Maybe start a new thread on ACID PRO 4 and Multi-track MIDI recording...so MORE people will look at your NEW THREAD ...

Although you may get lucky with someone POPPING in here and answering!
GOOD LUCK!

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online