SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#135534 - 01/05/03 08:21 AM Arranger to Computer's Line Input... what program do you use? Midi alternative
rgtaa Offline

Hey Guys!
I have just started using ACID PRO 4 and taking the output from my PSR9000 and putting it into LINE Input on my generic audio card... and it sounds great!
I can then add lots of tracks doing this.
I don't even need midi ...

I was using music jukebox before to do the same thing ... but acid pro 4 sounds better and gives me alot of tracks.

Any other suggestions for Easy transfer from Arranger to computer ... other programs, hints, ect!

I never really got into midi ... although i have all the software programs and havnt used them : Reason 2 , Ejay4, Cool Edit Pro 2, ect....

So this opens new horizon for me ... and Acid pro 4 converts the WAV tracks into 1 mp3 file when i finish!

#135535 - 01/05/03 08:41 AM Re: Arranger to Computer's Line Input... what program do you use? Midi alternative
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
PLUS, now that Acid Pro 4 is only $149 RETAIL, there is NO reason to NOT have it. The last version was over $300, and well worth it. The only down side to using audio files is the storage space. They are MUCH larger than midi files.

#135536 - 01/05/03 10:07 AM Re: Arranger to Computer's Line Input... what program do you use? Midi alternative
rgtaa Offline

Yeah!
That's why I stated about converting the WAV's to MP3 format when I finish with song... Those WAV's take up alot of SPACE! ... as you correctly state!

P.S. I have 320 gig hard drive space in my main PC ( one 120gig and 2 100 gig hard drives) ... so space is not a problem for me yet!

UD is that your Main Music program at the moment ... anything else good that you use... or helpful insights into Acid Pro 4?

#135537 - 01/05/03 10:52 AM Re: Arranger to Computer's Line Input... what program do you use? Midi alternative
trtjazz Offline

rg,
When I do use the pc for recording, I use Sonar good program with alot more options than Acid (which I also have) and Sonar records more easily (technically) than Acid does.

Also, I use a Midiman Delta 44 sound card, which comes with a 4> 4< breakout box for analog.
jam on,
Terry

[This message has been edited by trtjazz (edited 01-05-2003).]

#135538 - 01/05/03 11:02 AM Re: Arranger to Computer's Line Input... what program do you use? Midi alternative
rgtaa Offline

Found this info about Delta 44 ..which costs about 250 bucks: (I'll look into this) and the Sonar program!

The Delta 44 is the only computer interface you will need to input and output 4 channels of analog audio from your computer -- all at an
affordable price and at the pinnacle of 24-bit 96kHz fidelity. The Delta 44 system includes a PCI card connected to a sturdy analog break-out box. The break-out box provides four analog audio input and output jacks (1/4" TRS), compatible with balanced or unbalanced, +4dB or -10dB signal levels. Also included is Delta Control Panel software which allows you to control the Delta 44's comprehensive routing, monitoring, and mixing capabilities.

#135539 - 01/05/03 12:49 PM Re: Arranger to Computer's Line Input... what program do you use? Midi alternative
trtjazz Offline

rg,
You got it and it works and sounds great as well too.
Terry

#135540 - 01/05/03 08:33 PM Re: Arranger to Computer's Line Input... what program do you use? Midi alternative
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
I do very little editing with pc envirnments. I record with a digital 8 track unit (Roland VSR880) and a Mackie 1604VLZpro mixer. I prefer the outboard effects and real time knobe for session work. I use computer programs to convert tracks after I make them in the studio. I also use a TC Electronics finalizer, so I like having that patched into the analog mixer before I burn a CD. After the track is mastered ... I can import it to the pc for sweetning (if ness) or conversion to different formats.
Mostly, my world is still live, but I DO MAKE some of my own backinmg tracks to fill up holes in the production numbers. I recorded a Beach Boys medley that has all my (Digitech generated) harmonies and the rhythm tracks on it, so I can play straight piano or guitar and still get the full arrangement. This is essential to use audio for, since the harmonies are NOT singing the same words as the lead!
eg: Inside, outside U.S.A. ...etc .....
Really sounds great.

#135541 - 01/06/03 03:03 PM Re: Arranger to Computer's Line Input... what program do you use? Midi alternative
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
If you're going to be burning a CD, and want the keyboard to sound exactly like it does when you're playing, and you're recording vocals as well, you may want to use Goldwave or Sound Forge XP-4.5, both of which will allow you to record directly into your PC and produce outstanding results. I posted a complete set of detailed instructions on doing just this at http://psrtutorial.com/ under the "Intermediate" heading, then click on "Recording Directly from Your PSR-2000." This is a simple task that anyone can easily do and obtain excellent results. Goldwave is a shareware program that can be downloaded from www.goldwave.com , it's user friendly and records both mono and full stereo. The only hardware you need is a cable from your keyboard's output to the computer's line in on the sound card. It's that easy.

Cheers,

Gary

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#135542 - 01/06/03 03:37 PM Re: Arranger to Computer's Line Input... what program do you use? Midi alternative
rgtaa Offline

excellent!
Thanks!

#135543 - 01/06/03 04:14 PM Re: Arranger to Computer's Line Input... what program do you use? Midi alternative
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
You can use Total Recorder. It's either free or has a "token" charge.
DonM

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online