SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#135337 - 12/20/03 10:46 PM PSR wonders ........
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
I can't seem to write a custom sound into a registration in Right Hand #1 position. Has anyone had success with this? I edited a favorite version of a Rhodes sound, and would like to have it written in a registration, but it never remembers it. Does the RH sound NEED to be a factory preset?

#135338 - 12/21/03 09:08 AM Re: PSR wonders ........
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Dave,

You must save it into user memory, then it can be accessed directly.

Gary

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#135339 - 12/21/03 03:31 PM Re: PSR wonders ........
Marilyn Boissoneault Offline

Loc: Melbourne, Florida, USA
I had a User Organ Flute sound. It shows up in my User Voices, but I haven't been able to put it in a registration, it substitutes an on board Organ Flute for mine. Is there somewhere else I need to save it that I don't know about? Is User Voice different than "user memory". I'm pretty new to PSR's.

Marilyn

Quote:
Originally posted by travlin'easy:
Dave,

You must save it into user memory, then it can be accessed directly.

Gary

[This message has been edited by Marilyn Boissoneault (edited 12-21-2003).]

#135340 - 12/29/03 12:01 PM Re: PSR wonders ........
YamahaUS1 Offline

Loc: Buena Park, CA, USA
This is just a peculiar characteristic of some of current Yamaha Arrangers. The Registration is saving the edited voice, but the registration memory is seeing the preset voice first and then seeing the edits. It overwrites all of the old data with the new, except for the voice name. Check it out, it's a minor annoyance, but it works fine.

Regards,

------------------
Steve Deming
Assistant Manager
Customer Support Dept.
Pro Audio & Combo Division
Yamaha Corporation of America
YCASupport@yamaha.com

#135341 - 12/29/03 12:09 PM Re: PSR wonders ........

Thank you so much for your reply. I had another edited voice and I realized that I was getting "my" edited voice even though the name was not the one I'd given it. As long as the sound is what I want I'm happy.

Thanks for clarifying that for me.

Marilyn

#135342 - 12/29/03 08:36 PM Re: PSR wonders ........
Joe Waters Offline

Loc: Sterling, VA USA
You need not SAVE any altered voice to USER memory before you save it into a OTS setting or into a registration setting. As an experiment, take one of your external styles and load it in. Put some instrument, like Grand Piano, in the main voice of OTS 1 and duplicate it in OTS 2,3, & 4. Then go to OTS 2 and enter the Sound Creator and modify the voice so you can clearly hear the difference. Press [Memory] + OTS2 to save this modified voice to OTS2 -- you don't have to leave the Sound creator. Make another modification and save it to OTS3 and yet a third and save that to OTS4. You can leave the sound creator now and don't bother saving your most recent modification to the user area. But, you must now save the style back to floppy (or user area if you were using that). Load it up again and all those modifications will be in OTS2,3, and 4. The name of the voice will not have changed -- it will still say Grand Piano -- but your modificatons will be there. The same applies to registration memory although to save a change to registration memory, the style must be saved in the USER area if it is an external style. If it is a preset style, you can not modify the OTS voices without resaving the style, but you could modify a voice and save it to the registration memory. Of course, if you modify a voice and really like that voice, you can save it to the user area and then call up that voice every time you want to use it and save it in a OTS or registration. When the style (for OTS) or registration is saved and then reloaded, the voice name will again revert to the standard name, but all the modifications are applied. This is actually an advantage since you do not have to keep your favorite modified voices in USER memory; they can be on a floppy. And, if you use one, they are automatically saved with the style or registration and do not have to be in USER memory later when you use that style or registration.

#135343 - 12/29/03 10:08 PM Re: PSR wonders ........
keybplayer Offline

Loc: CA
Thanks for the "Space Saving" tip Joe!

I printed it out and will keep it handy amongst my other multitudes of printed tips, tricks, secrets, and other PSR and Tyros related material. Yamaha should be knocking on your door (even knocking it down) to hire you on the spot. If they ever do - and(their loss if they don't), make sure they pay you what you're worth. Which is more money than they would care to spend most likely. Thanks again Joe! You're a treasure in our own backyard!! Close to home and dear to our hearts! Not taken for granted either - at least not by me.

Best regards,
Mike

[This message has been edited by keybplayer (edited 12-29-2003).]

#135344 - 12/30/03 02:12 AM Re: PSR wonders ........
eddiefromrotherham Offline

Loc: Rotherham,England.
Thanks Joe for the space saving tip. It will go into my tips and tricks website with your permission,
cheers
Eddie J

------------------
Eddie from Rotherham
www.yamahakeyboards.info

#135345 - 12/30/03 07:06 AM Re: PSR wonders ........

Thanks Joe for the tip. The original Organ Flute I had modified I was wanting in an OTS, but when it came back with the original name I just assumed it had NOT saved. Now I know the name doesn't change, I'll try again.

Glad to know I don't have to save it to the User Area if I don't want to. I try to not put too much there since I want it mostly for styles.

Marilyn

#135346 - 12/31/03 06:26 AM Re: PSR wonders ........
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Hey ! So, the voice is in fact, IN THERE ... just disguised with a different name huh? I'll check that out. When I saw the wrong name, I just got frustrated and rewrote the registrations. I'll correct them and see what gives. It's weird, but livable.

Waiting to see if yamnmy puts "real" keys on the next model .... fingers crossed.
C'mom, people ...... we need good solid keys if you want us to keep buying these things !

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online