SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#134999 - 08/05/01 08:13 PM I want to put music on my website once I get my PR703
Paddy1nz Offline

Loc: New Zealand
How do I do this? I've heard that you can't save disks as midifiles on technics. Am I right? How else do I put music on my website played by me?
Thanks
Paddy :-J{)

#135000 - 08/06/01 08:02 AM Re: I want to put music on my website once I get my PR703
Vic01 Offline

Loc: Madison, Wisconsin USA
Hi Paddy. What most people due is to record their song as an audio file to their computer and then convert it to mp3. Then they upload it to their website. If you have a soundcard in your computer, then you would hook the line out of your keyboard into the line in on the souncard. Then you would need a recording program that could also save in mp3 format. I use cakewalk pro audio along which can also save to mp3. I have not yet uploaded anything to the web due to time constrants. Scott Yee has made recordings of his kn5000 and the results are very good. Maybe he will offer some more suggestions.

#135001 - 08/06/01 09:03 AM Re: I want to put music on my website once I get my PR703
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Hi Paddy, I'm not sure about the PR703 or KN6500, but on my KN5000, I am NOT able to easily convert the auto-accompaniment parts to a standard GM midifile. There is a rather complicated way to achieve this, but it is VERY time consuming and will end up driving you nuts. I just gave up on the idea all together. I now (like Vic01 said), record the arranger keyboard parts directly into my computer as a WAV or AIFF file. For a high quality recording be sure to use a high quality 24 bit sound card (to insure the best A/D conversion). I recently purchased a Midiman Delta 66 sound card http://www.midiman.net/m-audio/html/products/delta66.htm with a Omni Studio I/O Mixer. http://www.midiman.net/m-audio/html/products/omnistud.htm

To share on the internet, you will need to convert the WAV file to an MP3 file via Cakewalk Audio, Sound Forge, Music Match, etc. I have noticed that MP3 conversion quality can vary depending on the software program used (many are available as share/freeware on the net), perhaps because some companies are using better (more up to date) Codecs than others. Once you have your MP3 files made, you can upload to your website. I subscribe to a streaming audio/video service http://www.playstream.com which allows my songs to be played back in real time (LIVE streaming audio). This means that website visitors can almost immediately begin hearing the song played back WHILE the file continues to download instead of having to wait till the song downloads completely. The only problem with this method is that the bit rate quality of the file (Windows Media Player OR Real Player format) is limited to around 32-40 kbs for people with 56K modem support. This is fairly LOW quality audio. On the other hand, people with DSL/cable modems will be able to hear streaming audio at 128 kbs which is considered optimal quality for compressed audio. Hope this helps. - Scott

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online