SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#134754 - 07/15/03 07:53 PM Ketron SD1 - What a deal....
luangrpp Offline

Loc: Houston, Texas, United States
I bought this Ketron SD1 from a guy who purchased this keyboard from Dan in MD 3 weeks ago and decided not to keep it. I'm a new learner and this Baby is too much keyboard for me. This SD1 is less than 3 months old and spotless. $2200 OBO, shipping included to east or west coast. No oversea shipping. Manual, warranty card and wil packed nicely. I don't want to put it on Ebay, too much fees. Reference my Ebay account as Luangrpp or call dan. I'm a 100% feedback user.
Thanx,
Paul
281-813-0274

#134755 - 07/15/03 08:47 PM Re: Ketron SD1 - What a deal....
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Paul, I don't want to rain on anyone's parade, but as my memory recalls, I remember reading here a while back, that Ketron only provides warranty coverage to the 'original purchaser' name stated on the invoice, and that their warranties are NOT transferable. If this is true, Ketron's warranty coverage is prohibitively restrictive as I don't believe Yamaha, Roland, or Korg have such retrictions, do they?

Perhaps Dan O'Neil, George Kaye, or someone else here, can give us the low down on Ketron's official stance regarding warranty coverage in a transfer of ownership situation such as above. I'm also curious now to find out what stance Yamaha, Roland, Korg, and GEM have on this as well.

Scott

#134756 - 07/15/03 09:38 PM Re: Ketron SD1 - What a deal....
George Kaye Offline

Loc: Reseda, California USA
It is my understanding that Yamaha, Korg, Roland, Ketron are all to the original retail purchaser. However, I've not had a bad experience when a keyboard needs warranty work during the stated time if I make a call to the service center first and explain the situation. Maybe this doesn't work for all dealers, but it does work for me. Maybe it's because I'm so vocal around here and at the different companies as well! This is my experience and maybe not everyone's.
George Kaye
kaye's Music Scene
Reseda, California
(Retired 2021)

#134757 - 07/16/03 06:07 AM Re: Ketron SD1 - What a deal....
Tom Cavanaugh Offline

Loc: Muskegon, MI
I bought my X1 from Don Mason while it was still under warranty. Bell/Solton honored the warranty for me no problem. If a product has a one year warranty then it should be for one year period, regardless of whether you are the first owner or not. The automobile companies would never get away with that.

Tom

#134758 - 07/16/03 08:04 AM Re: Ketron SD1 - What a deal....
GlennT Offline

Loc: Medina, OH, USA
Quote:
Originally posted by Tom Cavanaugh:
I bought my X1 from Don Mason while it was still under warranty. Bell/Solton honored the warranty for me no problem

I can similarly vouch for Ketron. Both my XD9 and SD1 were pre-owned. On 2 ocassions, XD9 problems were fixed @ N/C by Bell-Solton. So far, no need with SD1, but I'm very comfortable with Ketron support.

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online