SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#134698 - 04/29/03 07:10 AM Re: Tyros sequencer bug???
msutliff Offline

Loc: Cottage Grove, MN, USA
Hello Bee,

I wouldn't mind having a look at your song that is messin' up (assuming you save it as a midi file).

Send me a copy if you like:

msutliff@tc.umn.edu

I'll let ya know if I see anything peculiar. Doesn't mean I can fix it, I'm just curious as to what might be happening here.

mike

#134699 - 04/29/03 02:42 PM Re: Tyros sequencer bug???
drpete Offline

Loc: Fresno, CA USA
pipelinerr
Groupie

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi Bee,

I think that what happened to you is this: when you "fast forwarded" to measure 4, and began recording again, you didn't give the sequencer an opportunity to record the Program Changes needed. By fast forwarding, you are "skipping past" those Program Changes on the track... so now, without those, anything can happen. (I used to experience this same phenomenon on my 99-track Akai ASQ-10 sequencer.)

Try it again, only this time DON'T "fast forward." Let the sequencer play all the way to the end, THEN begin recording from there. I think you'll find this will have solved your problem.

Good luck,

Dave

Try it again,

drpete

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks Piplinner, what you are saying makes sense, but actually the opposite happened. I went into the event editor and saw all the program changes entered at measure 4 (automatically as I record), and these programes changes gets "played". That was why it sounded louder at measure 4 on to the end of the song. Surprisely I looked at the beginning of the song (before measure 1) and saw all the program changes there also. They are the exact duplicate as at measure 4. But somehow at measure 1, these program changes were not being recognized or played until measure 4. And this is really weird.....my remedy to this problem is ......delete all the program changes at measure 4 and the song sound ok now....What I'm seeing is the board will not recognize its original program changes until I introduce it on measure 4. If nothing is introduced again, then all the program changes as I see in the event editor will not be recognized. Surprisingly, this only happens with certain preset styles on the tyros. I used a style from psr2000 and everything sounds fine.

Bee

#134700 - 04/30/03 02:29 PM Re: Tyros sequencer bug???
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Hi Shakeel,
I don't have the kn6500, but I do have the KN7.
I have to agree that it has a really great sequencer. Simple to use, great editing facilities, and one doesn't really require a computer based sequencer for the kn, (even though I have an older version of cubase and powertracks pro).
I find the sequencer on my yamaha 9000pro & VA7 far more complicated to use than on kn7's.
Another sequencer that I used to find great to use, was on the old Korg i3. They had good sequencers, which, if memory serves me correctly, were based on the Korg O1W Workstations.

best wishes
Rikki

Quote:
Originally posted by shakeel Ahmed:
Oh! I am sorry to say non of u seem to have
kn6500.It has a sequencer beyond your expectations.I can say so because i have used
many synths and arrangers espacialy their
seqencing abilities.I also have sonar but
i donot need it anymore except digital rec.
The editing abilities of 6xxx touches the
height and equaly very user-friendly.

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#134701 - 04/30/03 10:41 PM Re: Tyros sequencer bug???
Roddey Offline

Loc: Wagga NSW Australia
I have a Tyros recently and have used the Korg i5m in the past.I have really missed the ability to edit the chords after a recording on the tyros style on the tyros seqencer.(ie to fix up gliches and slips and chords that were a little late etc)Fixing these was a breeze on the I5m.I am really mentioning this because I hope someone from Yamaha are reading this and will include this feature in an upgrade sometime.I do all my recording on the keyboard sequencer and this has gone fine on the Tyros sequencer so far.:)

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online